UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) 3:club: K:heart: 5:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($3.40) 3:club: K:heart: 5:club: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $2.60, Hero raises to $9.05, UTG folds

Hero shows J:club: A:club:

Hero wins $8.17
      stats: vpip 19 pfr 12 agfactor 2.6 wts 2.6 fold 3 bet 60% cbet flop 64%

- what is better preflop ? to 3 bet or to call ? i called because his fold to 3 bet is 60% and i thought that with my 3 bet he would fold worse hands and 4 bet better

- raised his turn bet, because he could b/f some pocket pairs, Kx hands,
      is the turn play OK ? or it was better to just call ?
  • 3 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      I got the same question whether we should call,3bet,or just fold pf with AJs facing to a utg raise.
      I'd raise flop as his cbets a lot of hands
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call pf is better options, since it is hard him to b/c with worse hands and since he is from UTG he might also decide to 4-bet bluff you

If you´re c/c flop and c/r turn with your sets then your line is fine, but likely I´d just c/r flop and shove if he wants to get all-in. Since I´d also c/r flop with my sets.
      You have there very good equity against anything and I think you can make him fold his QQ-TT and maybe even KQ/KJ if you c/r flop, bet turn and then shove river

If you c/c flop then I like c/r turn, since he would very often bet/fold there better hand and he may also be just bluffing. I´d just make it to 8$ to prepare for river shove
    • futsalpro
      futsalpro
      Bronze
      i like your line. especially if villain is 2nd barreling a lot. and since he is from utg he will do it a lot on this board i think to rep. aa, kk, ak here.

but if you play your set wit c/r flop i would use my good draws like this one also for this line. so it is no only nuts or bluff if you c/r flop.