This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AJs, flop , turn ?

• MrBrilliant
      MrBrilliant
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($25.76)
      BB ($20)
      UTG ($30.62)
      CO ($31.14)
      BTN ($20.60)

Dealt to Hero J:club: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) 3:club: K:heart: 5:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero calls $1

TURN ($3.40) 3:club: K:heart: 5:club: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $2.60, Hero raises to $9.05, UTG folds

Hero shows J:club: A:club:

Hero wins $8.17
      stats: vpip 19 pfr 12 agfactor 2.6 wts 2.6 fold 3 bet 60% cbet flop 64%

- what is better preflop ? to 3 bet or to call ? i called because his fold to 3 bet is 60% and i thought that with my 3 bet he would fold worse hands and 4 bet better

- raised his turn bet, because he could b/f some pocket pairs, Kx hands,
      is the turn play OK ? or it was better to just call ?
  • 3 replies
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Silver
      I got the same question whether we should call,3bet,or just fold pf with AJs facing to a utg raise.
      I'd raise flop as his cbets a lot of hands
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call pf is better options, since it is hard him to b/c with worse hands and since he is from UTG he might also decide to 4-bet bluff you

If you´re c/c flop and c/r turn with your sets then your line is fine, but likely I´d just c/r flop and shove if he wants to get all-in. Since I´d also c/r flop with my sets.
      You have there very good equity against anything and I think you can make him fold his QQ-TT and maybe even KQ/KJ if you c/r flop, bet turn and then shove river

If you c/c flop then I like c/r turn, since he would very often bet/fold there better hand and he may also be just bluffing. I´d just make it to 8$ to prepare for river shove
    • futsalpro
      futsalpro
      Bronze
      i like your line. especially if villain is 2nd barreling a lot. and since he is from utg he will do it a lot on this board i think to rep. aa, kk, ak here.

but if you play your set wit c/r flop i would use my good draws like this one also for this line. so it is no only nuts or bluff if you c/r flop.