[NL2-NL10] NL 5 AJs

• bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I'm not sure whether I should have 4-bet this or not. I'm thinking it could have let me know where I stood better than just flat calling like I did. As it was I called the $0.5 raise cold, and saw the flop. I then checked as I was OOP and folded to the c-bet. I know I didn't play the hand well, but how should I have done it better?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.63)
      Hero ($8.36)
      UTG ($5.85)
      CO ($7.65)
      BTN ($3.50)

Dealt to Hero J:club: A:club:

UTG raises to $0.15, CO raises to $0.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.45, fold

FLOP ($1.17) K:heart: 6:spade: 4:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero folds

CO wins $1.10
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bennisboy,

Why do you want to 4bet at all? I don't really see any good reason for that while you didn't even point it out. I'd basically just fold the hand and that's it, not much to do it. Calling would be out of question as well.

Best regards.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I meant before the flop as a kind of semi-bluff, or would you recommend never really 4-betting AJ as it can be dominated?
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      I meant before the flop as a kind of semi-bluff, or would you recommend never really 4-betting AJ as it can be dominated?
      it depends on the villain, but re-raising UTG raise with a medium hand like AJ is always risky, especially out of position.
      Further, you have to be ready to c-bet + fold if raised. Overall, as veriz says - it's not really worth it, unless you feel like you have an edge over opp or want to gamble.
      The only flop you would like to see is a rainbow straight or lotsa :club: and its just not happening that much when you need it :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      While you didn't even write the reasons then I'd basically say no, I wouldn't 4bet there.