[NL2-NL10] nl 10 89s right odds?

• graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      I have a feeling I played this like a fish but my odds were very good,I thought. Should I have folded on the turn?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.10)
      BB ($11.87)
      UTG ($7.86)
      UTG+1 ($10.85)
      UTG+2 ($5.42)
      MP1 ($2.42)
      MP2 ($4)
      MP3 ($8.29)
      CO ($4.85)
      BTN ($9.55)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 9:diamond: , fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.20) 7:diamond: K:spade: 6:spade:

Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $2.92, Hero calls $2.02

TURN ($7.04) 7:diamond: K:spade: 6:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $6.68 (AI), BB calls $6.68

RIVER ($20.40) 7:diamond: K:spade: 6:spade: Q:diamond: 3:club:

Hero shows 8:diamond: 9:diamond:
      (Pre 41%, Flop 36.9%, Turn 34.1%)

BB shows A:heart: K:club:
      (Pre 59%, Flop 63.1%, Turn 65.9%)

BB wins $19.04
  • 3 replies
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Silver
      I'm definitely no expert, but i shall give you my thoughts on the matter. I'm only playing NL5, but I shall give you my opinion until you get a proper answer :D

Personally I think you should have taken a more passive line post flop. You were OOP, with 2 draws on the board, your OESD, and a flush draw.

Post-flop you lead out with a bet when OOP, which I think at that time would have made me think as the opposition that you were either trying to protect a pair under KK, or were just trying to donk him out the hand.

Personally I would have checked to the villian, and called any reasonable sized bet rather than risking getting re-raised like you did. After the re-raise I would probably have folded, but that's because I don't like the odds there, but we each have our own preferences when it comes to implied odds.

So let's say I called. You went all in on the turn which was a pretty strong statement of intent, but I'm not sure it fully matched up with the story you sold on the flop where if you had a made hand you might have shoved. The all-in would seem like a bit of a desperate attempt to push the villain out of the pot, although you did have two draws and good odds.

If i were in the villains place, I'm not sure I would have called with just TP/TK as any number of cards could have completed your draws. So i think you played the turn okay, but you put yourself in a position where you could only play it okay and not better because you were betting when out of position. If i was in your spot, i would have taken the more passive route.

Out of interest, how loose/tight and aggressive had you and the villain been playing?

DISCLAIMER: I am also a micro limits player, with basic knowledge of poker, I am not a coach or even a great player, this is just my input in an attempt to give you a different perspective, rather than telling you how you should have played it. Let's wait and see what the pro says :D
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Hey thanks Bennisboy, your comments are always welcome whether or not your a coach or a pro of some sort. We are all here to learn and any comments are welcome in my book.
      As for the hand I think you are right. I was not folding on the turn with a OESD and a flush draw so that is why i shipped it. I was already to deep in the hand. The villian was/is a NIT playing like a 14/3 so I though they had something but I was sure I was drawing to the nuts. I was playing pretty loose at this point playing about a 30/24 though I am a 15/11 player overall, (whatever that means). All in all I should have played passive on the flop but that is retrospect I'm pretty sure the villian folds with anything other than AK in that hand my big mistake in my opinion is calling the three bet on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello graz187,

Flop: Don't really see why I would even Call on flushy board for the OESD. Basically I'd just fold.

As played
      Turn: You don't have fold equity here anyways while he did raise you on flop. But basically as you called on flop there is not much better you could do. But more often I would just Check/Fold here because we don't get the correct equity to go broke.

Best regards.