My past 20 games

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I recently got back into poker after not playing in about a year, at first I was losing most the time because I hadn't really read about and I'd forgotten how to play properly.

However since the losses I've been reading more about strategies etc. and think I'm starting to improve a bit? Here's a screenshot of the last 20 games I've played:

http://imageshack.us/f/831/pokerresults.png/

My problem is I tend to lose confidence and feel unsure about what to do after I lose a few games consecutively and end up making bad decisions, are there any tips on how I can solidify my game/psych?

Also I play 2 sit n go's at once and was wondering if this was the best idea based on the above results?
  • 3 replies
    • GraveGoods
      GraveGoods
      Bronze
      From experience, to make sure you tilt less, read Elements of Poker and Zen and the Art of Poker. Will massively boost your confidence and make sure you stay in the right mindset. Lots of people also reccommend The Poker Mindset too, although I haven't read that myself. You can pick up Elements for about a fiver on the Amazon Kindle store.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Thanks, I'll have a look into it. Also is 2 tables about right for my level? I'd still class myself as a beginner as I can only really keep hovering around the same amount of money. I do tend to lose some concentration in one game if I'm at the bubble or in the money on the other.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Being able to play on multiple tables at once is a vital skill, particularly in SNGs. This is a skill you should practice like other skills. If you play too many tables at once you won't be able to play well or learn as you play, but if you play too few then you won't get enough experience or table-hours. There is a tendency for those playing few tables to try to read too deeply into the results in a small sample, but you don't have control over the results even if you play only one table at a time.

Since you have been playing 2 tables at once, and feel a little stressed, then don't go up to 3 for a while. Keep playing 2 until you feel more comfortable. Later, you might play on two and watch a third, trying to take notes on what is going on in the third tournament. This is an intermediate step between playing 2 tables at once and playing 3.