Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($11.53)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($15.70)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is UTG A:club: 7:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: 4:club: 6:club: 10:club: ($1.25, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, CO raises to $1.60, BB folds, Hero calls $1

Turn: 9:diamond: ($4.45, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.90, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wlcKeD,

Preflop: From UTG I'd rather fold such a hand.

As played
      Postflop: Seems to be fine, we ain't getting great implied odds anymore on turn.

Best regards.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Hello again Veriz,

You said that "Preflop: From UTG I'd rather fold such a hand.", but its not much of a UTG here when 5-handed, its MP3 .... Isn't that too weak of a play in general to fold A7 when just two players left to act behind when I could be OOP?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by wlcKeD
      Hello again Veriz,

You said that "Preflop: From UTG I'd rather fold such a hand.", but its not much of a UTG here when 5-handed, its MP3 .... Isn't that too weak of a play in general to fold A7 when just two players left to act behind when I could be OOP?
      I do understand that but I'd still advice at the beginning not widen up your range that far. Because it's so often the case when you even get called then mostly you are against a better ace for example if you hit your A on flop or anywhere else. And could likely just put yourself into difficult spots going to showdown with it and can't lay down.

But of course it's playable but why not do with with A7s? And off-suited rather for later position.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello again Veriz,

I do understand that but I'd still advice at the beginning not widen up your range that far. Because it's so often the case when you even get called then mostly you are against a better ace for example if you hit your A on flop or anywhere else. And could likely just put yourself into difficult spots going to showdown with it and can't lay down.

But of course it's playable but why not do with with A7s? And off-suited rather for later position.
      Good insights, I totaly agree now, thx! :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello again Veriz,

Good insights, I totaly agree now, thx! :)
      You are welcome and I am glad to help you out. :) That's why we are here. Will be waiting for more hands from you, till that good luck on tables!