[NL2-NL10] NL5 (SH) SB AKo

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.17, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.65, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.48.

Flop: ($1.35) J:club: , 9:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.1, MP3 calls $1.10.

Turn: ($3.55) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $3.34 (All-In), MP3 calls $3.34.

River: ($10.23) 9:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high (Ac Kc)
      Hero shows (Ah Ks)

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high (Ac Kc)

What do I do here? I 3bet pf and miss the flop. If I cbet I've got nearly half my stack in the pot. If I don't I can't really call a bet? And when I cbet and get called I'm not sure how to react either

• 2 replies
    • dubadal
      AK is named "walking to Houston" for a reason, as you see :f_cool:

on such a draw heavy board, if you don't have a large "fold to c-bet" on your opponent, check-fold is best.
      C-bet and check-fold turn is risky. If you do, then bet less, slightly over half pot. Would be enough to steal and save some money if you intend to fold.

You have no reason to shove turn there, as the only hands in that range, which you beat is AQ & KQ and any overpair/pair+draw will probably call your bluff.
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

Don't think that he is folding anything on turn anymore if he Called you on flop. Rather would just Check/Fold it. At some spots I might even just Check/Fold right on flop while a lot of broadways hit and will continue.

Best regards.