[NL2-NL10] nl2 K9o

• adrenalina91
      I though I had a pretty good hand with the two pairs, but then he makes a big bet on the river. the only bet he had made was a min bet on the flop and he called my raise and bet, so I thought he probably got the straight with the 10.
      I think I could have been more aggressive on the flop and river? what do you think did I play it right?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, K.
      8 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.04) K, 9, A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.16) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10.

River: ($0.36) T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.99, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.36.
  • 2 replies
    • dubadal
      pre-flop: K9 is a decent hand heads-up and you are in position, so a 3x raise is good for building value.

flop: we have a monster, so growing the pot is our top priority. If opponent hit something, then he would definitely call a larger bet, like 5x his raise. If he was just making a block bet trying to draw - we want him to pay for it too.

turn: doesnt change much, so you can bet around 3/4 of the pot

river: his overbet is a bit weird, considering that you bet past 2 streets. So he either tries to push you out or actually hit something and tries to gain extra value by making you think that he knows that you know... :f_p: .

The two most likely hands, which beat us are AT and QJ. There are 2 issues with those:
      1) villain would like have raised pre-flop
      2) with AT he would've tried to raise you on flop or turn; with QJ he was sucking out for gutshot against a made hand (you were betting all the time).

And he did neither. There is of course the 3rd option - he has AA and slow-played them until river.

So, me thinks villain is bluffing most of the times and you should call. But it is a costly borderline call, so folding is o.k.
    • veriz
      Hello adrenalina91,

Preflop: Basically both plays are fine, if you don't feel that comfortable then you can as well Check but as well you can raise it up if you rather aggressive player.
      Postflop: You can even bet a bit bigger on turn and river is pretty fail for us and we can't really do much.

Best regards.