hohoho321
      Bronze
      Known players:   
      Hero:
      $11,69
      BU:
      $9,37

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,35, SB folds, Hero raises to $1,20, BU calls $0,85.

Flop: ($2,45) 5:spade: , 7:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,65, Hero calls $1,65.

Turn: ($5,75) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,75

Unknown opponent .

As in the previous hand I decided that there is nothing worse going to call besides draws . But what am I going to do on turn if he just calls Flop and turn is :diamond: bet again or check/fold ?

2. If the situation is the same , but the flop is dry and goes check check , Should I bet the turn since he has probably some brodways from which I want to steal equity ?
  • 3 replies
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      with AK it's o.k. to semi-bluff cbet, unless the board is particularly ugly. On this board I would actually cbet, then check-fold turn, as opposed to check-call and check-fold.

When your opp calls your 3-bet preflop here, he normally has something; well, anything from 89s+ to 88+. This means that while villain could connect with the flop, it's not a fact.
      Your 3-bet and c-bet should be representing a pocket pair, which looks good with this flop, and might make him fold on the flop. If he doesn't - check-fold turn.
      By check-calling flop you leave yourself very vulnerable, even if a king or an ace comes on turn.

P.S. It is probably o.k. to check-fold flop, as it is safer against an unknown op and saves you 16BB
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Yep you are righ I should continue with 100% of my range on this flop for balancing issues.
      But against opponent I might never see again it shouldn't be very bad if I don't balance.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

You don't achieve anything with the Check/Call, how do you plan to make him fold? If you want to continue then rather CBet and have even some fold equity than Check/Call, pretty the worst play you could pick. If checking then I'd Check/Fold.

Best regards.