This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] АКо nl10

• hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Known players:   
      Hero:
      $11,69
      BU:
      $9,37

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,35, SB folds, Hero raises to $1,20, BU calls $0,85.

Flop: ($2,45) 5:spade: , 7:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,65, Hero calls $1,65.

Turn: ($5,75) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,75

Unknown opponent .

As in the previous hand I decided that there is nothing worse going to call besides draws . But what am I going to do on turn if he just calls Flop and turn is :diamond: bet again or check/fold ?

2. If the situation is the same , but the flop is dry and goes check check , Should I bet the turn since he has probably some brodways from which I want to steal equity ?
  • 3 replies
    • dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      with AK it's o.k. to semi-bluff cbet, unless the board is particularly ugly. On this board I would actually cbet, then check-fold turn, as opposed to check-call and check-fold.

When your opp calls your 3-bet preflop here, he normally has something; well, anything from 89s+ to 88+. This means that while villain could connect with the flop, it's not a fact.
      Your 3-bet and c-bet should be representing a pocket pair, which looks good with this flop, and might make him fold on the flop. If he doesn't - check-fold turn.
      By check-calling flop you leave yourself very vulnerable, even if a king or an ace comes on turn.

P.S. It is probably o.k. to check-fold flop, as it is safer against an unknown op and saves you 16BB
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Yep you are righ I should continue with 100% of my range on this flop for balancing issues.
      But against opponent I might never see again it shouldn't be very bad if I don't balance.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

You don't achieve anything with the Check/Call, how do you plan to make him fold? If you want to continue then rather CBet and have even some fold equity than Check/Call, pretty the worst play you could pick. If checking then I'd Check/Fold.

Best regards.