[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush - OESD + Flush draw

• slashng
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, T.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, CO folds, BU calls $0.17, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.41) 3, J, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BU raises to $0.56, Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.53) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU raises to $1.80, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($5.13) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.62(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.13.

Opp stats not available since sample size too small.

Flop: Bet for semi bluff (OESD draw). However he raise me and given the pot odds + there's enough implied odds given his stack, I decided to call.

Turn: I missed the OESD but I have an additional outs for Flush draw now. Therefore, I decided to semi bluff again (OESD + Flush Draw)
      Again, he raise me and given the pot odds + implied odds, I made the call.

Question: I did not go all-in on the turn when he re-raise becos I think he has a strong draw and he wont fold to my All-IN since he raise me twice. Is that right?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello slashng,

Don't like the donk at all on turn, rather Check/Call with the implied odds than donk it. Just doesn't make sense, you wont make him to fold and might just face a shove or some raise.

But as played seems to be fine, I wouldn't shove either because if we shove we will most likely be behind and wont get that great equity with just 1card to come.

Best regards.