how do u play in situation like this

• MissLT
      MissLT
      Bronze
      for example u have qq, somewhere in the middle and raise, and player from co or button with stats like this vpip 28, pre raise 18, 3 bet 8, 3 bets u. What are u doing when???? i am playing full ring in nl 25, nl 50. i saw what most of the case when i decide to puch he have at least kk :) ))))
  • 6 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I hate this situation, and usually find the fold button unless villain has been overly active and then I usually elect to flat call - But in all honesty you have to fold to any overs and if his C-Bet is high I may try raising his C-bet once, but if he jams I usually just fold. If he calls I try to get a cheap SD and fold to any decent sized turn bet as you are likely to be allin by the end of the hand otherwise.

Think my standard would be to fold though because you are not going to see many flops you like, even a J-high board can be dodgy as he could be 3-betting with 99+. Putting JJ firmly in his range.

If it's a short stack 40 - 50bb and they are kind of nitty (ie MSS types) then 3-bet range is 99+ ATs+ Ajo+ so if I'm not running bad I generally elect to put them all in preflop to avoid making decisions on later streets. You are ahead of most of their range and if they do call so be it you are probably already beat or flipping. As going by the strategy they can only call all in with QQ+ and AK - But you'll find a few will still call with worse though.

Been doing a lot of work on QQ lately as it was one of my biggest losing hands last month.

Against just an 8% range (i.e just typed 8% into Equilab)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 63.56% 62.78% 0.78% { QQ }
      CO 36.44% 35.66% 0.78% { 88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+ }

But looking at that maybe a small 4-bet fold to 5-bet isn't to far fetched either.

Anyway few suggestions for you... Hope in some way that helps.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Full ring is really that nitty? folding QQ to a 3bet sounds rediculous to me personally unless the opponent is super tight. If your folding top 1,4% of your range to 3bets then i'd probably 3bet you every hand you raise :f_biggrin:

You wait for your AA then fistpump as the opponent gets it in with KK preflop? :D
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      @MMB: 4b/fold is the worst possible line. I'd much rather take Axs Kxs to 4b fold since we have blockers to the hands that crush us. + If his range is QQ+/AK we have to make the call.

I don't play FR but i'd most likely just fold.
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Ya, I agree with Hahaownedlolz. Folding QQ to a 3bet in almost any form of poker is -ev unless you are vsing the absolute nittiest of players.

If they ARE nitty, i.e. 4% 3bet, I would not be 4 bet shoving, as you are isolating his range to AA KK.
      You are much better off calling, then stacking most flop as it keeps all his JJ+, AK hands in.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I'd call.. i dont like 4 betting because it kinda turns your hand into a bluff. Just take a flop and hope for the best. :)
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      I hate this situation, and usually find the fold button unless villain has been overly active and then I usually elect to flat call - But in all honesty you have to fold to any overs and if his C-Bet is high I may try raising his C-bet once, but if he jams I usually just fold. If he calls I try to get a cheap SD and fold to any decent sized turn bet as you are likely to be allin by the end of the hand otherwise.

Think my standard would be to fold though because you are not going to see many flops you like, even a J-high board can be dodgy as he could be 3-betting with 99+. Putting JJ firmly in his range.

If it's a short stack 40 - 50bb and they are kind of nitty (ie MSS types) then 3-bet range is 99+ ATs+ Ajo+ so if I'm not running bad I generally elect to put them all in preflop to avoid making decisions on later streets. You are ahead of most of their range and if they do call so be it you are probably already beat or flipping. As going by the strategy they can only call all in with QQ+ and AK - But you'll find a few will still call with worse though.

Been doing a lot of work on QQ lately as it was one of my biggest losing hands last month.

Against just an 8% range (i.e just typed 8% into Equilab)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 63.56% 62.78% 0.78% { QQ }
      CO 36.44% 35.66% 0.78% { 88+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+ }

But looking at that maybe a small 4-bet fold to 5-bet isn't to far fetched either.

Anyway few suggestions for you... Hope in some way that helps.
      folding is the worst option there. even against ak+, kk+ you have 45% equity. 4bet/call is better, although call can be the best sometimes, specially if you're playing deep.