[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK again

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Same villian as the last flush hand.

41/28/3 stats

Calling on that flop, made me a bit worried, and I didn't really like to play it OOP. I played c/c hoping he would just keep the pot small, which worked-ish for the turn.

I don't know what to think of his river shove. A player with those stats, could he be doing this with any king? I don't know if I give him credit for a queen there? The shove just looks like a horrible bluff, but I just can't see myself calling it...

He told me what he had after, and if he's telling the truth... =.=

Edit: Thinking about it, probably if he had a queen, he'd either 3bet me on the flop, or bet bigger on turn? correct, no?

Thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.08
      CO:
      $4.73
      BU:
      $1.95
      SB:
      $1.27
      BB:
      $0.70

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.27) Q, K, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, CO calls $0.18, BU folds.

Turn: ($0.63) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32.

River: ($1.27) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.15(All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.27.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Doesn't really matter what he said in this situation, he has here more often the nuts than bluff or weaker Kx. Although I'd basically Bet/Fold the turn myself than pick such a line as you picked. River is a fold, not much you can do there. What did he have then, I mean what did he said "he had"?

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Heh, I was thinking about this hand when I was in the gym ;p

I decided that I should have carried on and 2nd barrelled the turn anyway, which woulda given me more indication (hopefully) to his hand.

And I also realised I just don't care what he said he had - I want to move up the limits and calling things like this just wouldn't help that ;)

He "said" he had KT. Could maybe see that, but if he did, "well played" to him :)

Also, thanks for all these evaluations, they really help!
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Veriz, how should we play the river if we barrel the turn and get called ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Heh, I was thinking about this hand when I was in the gym ;p

I decided that I should have carried on and 2nd barrelled the turn anyway, which woulda given me more indication (hopefully) to his hand.

And I also realised I just don't care what he said he had - I want to move up the limits and calling things like this just wouldn't help that ;)

He "said" he had KT. Could maybe see that, but if he did, "well played" to him :)

Also, thanks for all these evaluations, they really help!
      Nah, I don't think he had there KT, just basic leveling chat. :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Veriz, how should we play the river if we barrel the turn and get called ?
      Against a fish I would still play Bet/Fold the river rather than Check/Call or anything similar.