$10.36
      UTG1:
      $15.82
      UTG2:
      $2.03
      MP1:
      $17.73

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 5 folds, UTG1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) T, J, 7 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.75) K (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

River: ($6.75) 5 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $12.75.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Ks Ad).
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, sevens(7d 7h).

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, sevens(7d 7h).

27/10/6.3af/230h

Should I raise the donkbet on flop? I rarely see him donking with a set here, he could be to protecting against the draws but he doesn't seem that kind of player to me, looks fishy and is very agressive.

I just call the 3 barrels since I think he's capable of doing that with TX or JX. But is this the right play? And what's the best play against a good reg who has a normal AF? Give up on river? Thx.
  • 5 replies
    • llamacaptain
      llamacaptain
      Bronze
      My issue here is that there is so much that he could have that beats you on the river that with only TPTK you are only catching a bluff. From the betting that happened there are only a few hands that play the way that did.

I would have put him on K J, 10 J, 8 9, small pair or maybe even pkt As or Ks. Despite you holding one of each, it doesn't reduce the possibility that he may have them to zero and some people slow play them by limping UTG. There is the outside chance he decided to take the gamble on some suited connectors and hit the flush but apart from the J Q I can't see any other line here.

Pkt 10s, Js and AQ would have all raised pre flop rather than limped.

IMO, calling on the river was a mistake. It all depends on your reads and it can often be hard to let go of a hand like AK, especially when it hits, but it is still only a pair. Don't mistake aggression for a bluff.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rvvrecke,

If he really has such an aggression factor then I do sometimes like to raise but more often I'd raise such board which ain't that drawy as this one. Because on drawy board it's more likely that he has a drawing hand and which will continue.

Therefore as played, I'd fold the river unless I know him better that he is capable of barreling 3streets with some air/missed hands. It's pretty hard to imagine him doing that with a lot worse pairs. Mainly we beat missed draws there and that's like all.

Best regards.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      OK, it's just that his AF is so high on 3 streets and seems fishy to me. I've seen fish bet here with a T or a J or with a draw which didn't get their on the river who can't let go of the pot and bluffs there. So imo there are a lot of bluffs and worse hands that he could do this with, only problem the sample is relatively low so as said maybe I should have let go on the river.
    • Letsdothisish
      Letsdothisish
      Bronze
      And at first I just didn't put him on a set since he donks the flop. But yeah he limp calls and is a fish.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by rvvrecke
      And at first I just didn't put him on a set since he donks the flop. But yeah he limp calls and is a fish.
      Not only sets but as well 2pairs/straights and so on are possible which he may play this way.