This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 Q10s straight on turn

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $25.00
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $19.74
      MP2:
      $24.84
      MP3:
      $26.25

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.8) K, T, 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.8) J (2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero raises to $6.00, BB calls $4.20.

River: ($13.8) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, [COLOR=red]Hero bets $10.00

Final Pot: $13.8.

Villain-unknown.Is check behind flop ok or is cbet better?I obviously raise on the turn with my straight.Is bet size on the river ok?I was thinking of even putting him all-in(12.89) as he can pay me off with lower straights/2 pairs/sets.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Is check behind flop ok or is cbet better?
      - cbet would be better with oesd+pair, since you can b/c flop and also call his turn bet.
      Also he may easily c/c with worse hands after that you can consider going for pot control or betting again on the turn

Is bet size on the river ok?
      - i think so. You can shove, but then it is hard him to call with his two pair hands. Betting smt 8$ would likely be better and get called a lot often
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      I actually only have pair+gutshot on flop, so I would probably have to fold to a c/r.That is why I decided to check behind on the flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jozata
      I actually only have pair+gutshot on flop, so I would probably have to fold to a c/r.That is why I decided to check behind on the flop.
      yeah, thought you have there oesd. Then checking back flop seems a little better idea if you afraid he might often c/r you