Maniac Alert!!!

• fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Until now i played like a MANIAC at micro stakes, recently very BAD and not sticking to BRM. I am minus 100 dollars on FULLLL :f_confused: TILTTTTTT :f_confused: and i am a bit ashamed and depressed :f_mad: . But that not the main problem now :f_eek: * Well regarding strategy at MICROS i have a few questions??
      I have some LEAKS in my games one of them been a lot of C BETS . A observing opponent will see this and call me maybe even 2 streets with nothing to my nothing like i did to another guy and won, well just a street in my case. Dont know if this happened to me yet but at least i have a small advantage against TIGHT players that call me 2 streets. I could make a C BET and shove the river with my set against maybe hes top pair high kicker or maybe bet 2 streets and check the river to make it look like a stopped bluff or semibluff :s_evil:
      Which one do you think is more cool? :f_p: or EVIL? :s_evil:
      Whish me luck to stick in the future to BRM :s_grin:
  • 16 replies
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      :f_confused: ?Also a question? for gold and above and those that have some experience.
      I did to an opponent who is raising a lot preflop a call with almost nothing. He made a C BET on the flop and checked the turn i smelled weakness and bet the turn with nothing.
      If a player does the exact same thing to me i will assume he will be bluffing for only a hand worth calling will call the bet on the turn and not a small hand.IF he had a strong hand wont he check for a trap more often on a non draw board, than bet the turn what do you guys thing is this a leveling situation and i can make a reraise to his bet on the turn or maybe he is telling the truth?
      I need some opinions from some pros and other good players
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Firstly, bet/bluff less.

What stakes you currently playing?

Secondly dude, about your c-betting. By reducing your maniac play and playing by TAG/LAG lines, your c-bets will be more effective. If you raise every hand and c-bet every flop, opponents will start calling you down with almost anything.

Think about what flops you are c-betting, and what range your opponent could be putting you on.

Read the articles on the strategy page. I'm up $40 for the last 3 days from single table play at NL5 (roughly 1000 hands). I had started to play bad poker, and took a few days off to read some articles and change my play. I only have a small sample size, but it's working so far.

Playing like a maniac might be fun, but try playing TAG, get involved in less hands, but when you do get involved, let everyone know you will be bossing the pot. 3-bet pre-flop, if you are OOP after flop, check-raise if you still think your hand is good, and put pressure on your opponent. But dont be afraid to let up if your villain is playing back at you hard as well. If you are playing TAG, and your opponent is still playing back hard, chances are he has hit, whereas if you are playing maniac, the villain knows pretty much anything is good to beat you
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Dont know if it applies too much from tight players to call with anything because they will know that i could possibly bet 3 streets so they could have maybe top pair an rarely second pair in your case maybe you think a bit and gamble to win a juicy pot if your image is tight.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      yeah fair enough, what stakes do you play? It could influence how likely people are to gamble. NL2, NL5 or NL10?
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      RECENT i played with full bankroll NL10 dollar :s_mad: and tilted very much
      Bad, bad play by me, in the future i will play more (scared) small money. Not full bankrolls .
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Looks like no one really appreciates a good maniac :s_biggrin: , does anybody else want to discuss my questions
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Bronze
      It's only good to bluff when villains range contains enough hands that beat you that he is prepared to fold. Simple. It's no good 'smelling' weakness with no thought about villains range because he could just be trapping you. At the micro's bluffing is basically pointless because there are just so many fish who cannot let go of their middle pair with weak kicker or whatever.

Outwardly labelling yourself as a maniac doesn't really give the best impression - I mean, maniacs are very easy to play against. Try reading the strategy guides here, use them as your basic strategy and then add some bluffs in the right spots - This is ++EV.
    • bazfresh
      bazfresh
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by fishnumber1
      RECENT i played with full bankroll NL10 dollar[quote]

what you mean like 25 buy ins??
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      if i had 20 in my bankroll i played NL10 that s what i mean
      I know, i know ..........BANKROLL MANAGEMENT
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      He made a lot of preflop bets that s why i made a move on him wurble he could of had anything so i knew his range was wide
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Wurble you dont get my point :D i was saying nobody really appreciates a good maniac, i mean in a funny way tight players should be gratefull :f_biggrin:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fishnumber1
      Wurble you dont get my point :D i was saying nobody really appreciates a good maniac, i mean in a funny way tight players should be gratefull :f_biggrin:
      we all love maniacs!! :P

20$ roll playing nl10?

I play fairly loose with my roll; 5%
      20$ would put me at nl2 buying in for $1!!
      you will go bankrupt with your brm!!!

Roo :P
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      SO any response to my actual (second) question?
      Does the turn bet from my opponent looks like a bet to scare, me a guy that c bet recent 80 percent of time.Is this a leveling situation and i can raise him?
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      bet/fold on the turn.

If you think he is def weak, many players give up if you don't fold to their c-bet at low stakes, so go ahead and fire off a bet, if he raises you then it's pretty much shove or fold, but you need to have a firm belied he is bluffing before you shove.

But majority of the time if they have air and you call the c-bet and fire the turn, they fold
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Yes he could be a player like me making moves to certain leaks like c bet, and I check the turn he bets I raise FEELING a steal , then maybe he shoves with nothing, if he is a very good reader
      But i don t know i think the leveling situation stops at micros with a raise to a turn bet not a shove by me or him.A shove feels like to much even a level raise at this limits, probably at HIGHER LIMITS opponents do these with air
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      If he is a trapper it may look week a bet from him on the turn since he should check the turn to induce a bluff from me on the river, so this could be a leveling situation for me to raise the bet from him on the turn, unless.... you go on and say what you think