[NL2-NL10] NL5 - AK: Opp. resteal is 4-bet, called, faces c-bet on flop.

• Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB = ($5.00)
      BB = ($3.64)
      MP1 = ($5.07)
      MP2 = ($6.18)
      MP3 = ($1.79)
      CO = ($4.76)
      BU (Hero) = ($5.00)

Preflop: Hero is BU with K :spade: , A :diamond: .
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.12, BB calls $0.67.

Flop: ($2.26) K :heart: , 7 :heart: , J :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.52, BB calls $1.52.

Turn: ($7.3) 8 :diamond: (2 players)

River: ($7.3) T :spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.3

This isn't just a bad beat hand, as I actually end up winning this hand. That, of course, doesn't mean my line was correct. I have no idea what my opponent's range is in this spot, and he only had 25 hands of stats, so that was no help. Should I have taken this line?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Salivanth,

The problem in your hand is that you did 4bet too small. I would basically do it like $1,50 even and just try to get it in against his stack.

Best regards.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Well, actually, he 3-bet, I 4-bet: Was that a typo? I thought you were supposed to 4-bet to about 2.5x, I read that somewhere: If not, what kind of size should I generally be 4-betting? (Since the answer is probably "It depends", could I get an estimate, or a minimum-maximum for most situations?)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Salivanth
      Well, actually, he 3-bet, I 4-bet: Was that a typo? I thought you were supposed to 4-bet to about 2.5x, I read that somewhere: If not, what kind of size should I generally be 4-betting? (Since the answer is probably "It depends", could I get an estimate, or a minimum-maximum for most situations?)
      Yeah, wanted to say 4bet. :D But basically against those stacks/loose players I do it bigger to just force them move all-in rather than give him somewhat great odds. And for example sometimes being even OOP I do still my 4bet bigger not just 2,5x or whatsoever.