This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush - Gutshot semi-bluff

• slashng
      slashng
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $3.60
      MP1:
      $2.88
      MP2:
      $6.64
      MP3:
      $4.15
      CO:
      $3.14
      BU (Hero):
      $5.35
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $4.17
      UTG1:
      $4.67

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6, 6.
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.67) 9, 7, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1.03, MP3 calls $0.68.

Turn: ($2.73) 7 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.36, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.73.

Opp's stats not available since sample size too small.

Pre-flop: Opp 3bet(min-raise) me and given that I'm in position + he is a short stack(I assume most ss players are fishy and can raise with a wide range of hands) which I think I'm ahead most of the time + given the odds, I made the call.

Flop: I have a gutshot here and I think I have fold equity against his range + the board was pretty dry. Therefore, I decided to raise his bet for a semi-bluff.

Turn: turn card was good + he checks which probably showing some weakness. Therefore, I decided to fire 2nd barrel and fold if he raise me.
  • 2 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Preflop - note that he is limp/raising you, which I noticed that these players often do with nut hands like KK/AA so I´d call here but for different reasons that you´ve mentioned. I´d call here cause of the implied odds, he offers you these by min-raising, thank him and take it. They are having very hard time letting an overpair go after the flop.

But I´d fold the flop, he is not going anywhere here imo :D . Likely an overpair due to the preflop action or somewhat random (overcards, pair type of hand which I don´t think he is giving up).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello slashng,

Not really big fan of your play, at the best I would just Call the flop and take the GS. Usually such a limp/raise preflop is often rather a strong hand than a weak one. And postflop we basically turning our hand into bluff and trying to make him fold some overpair.

Best regards.