[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Qq

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thoughts on this?

Villian's stats are 28/22/2

I feel PF and flop are ok? He's showing no aggression, so maybe is just calling for a draw.

The 5 possibly completes a SD, but he's still showing no aggression to me so I feel I can bet again.

I like the 7 on the river because it stops and FD's, and I don't think a 7 was really in his range to play in. Since he'd only have 77, 78, 67, and he'd be playing that more aggressively on the flop or turn.

Which is why I think his shove is callable?

Thanks man

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.00
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $4.17
      SB:
      $2.44
      BB:
      $2.15
      MP2:
      $2.48

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, Q.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO folds, BU calls $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) T, 7, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BU calls $0.12, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.43) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

River: ($1.03) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU raises to $1.93, Hero calls $0.92.

Final Pot: $4.48.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: Raise 4xBB.
      Postflop: The problem is that I don't think that he is shoving there with Tx, therefore I don't really see what hands we beat. I would rather make the crying fold than Call his shove without any good reason.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Sorry to be replying again to this veriz!

Just wanted a bit more clarification on here.

A 7 here is pretty out his range really here isn't it, because if he played 77 he's just played it so passive, and 76 and 78 again he's just played so passive.

And so if we aren't giving credit for a 7, surely my 2 pair with Q's are ok? Seeing as it doesn't really look like he has a set either, or he'd raise for protection earlier in the hand?

Not disputing what you say or being rude, just wanted a bit more info on it :)

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Sorry to be replying again to this veriz!

Just wanted a bit more clarification on here.

A 7 here is pretty out his range really here isn't it, because if he played 77 he's just played it so passive, and 76 and 78 again he's just played so passive.

And so if we aren't giving credit for a 7, surely my 2 pair with Q's are ok? Seeing as it doesn't really look like he has a set either, or he'd raise for protection earlier in the hand?

Not disputing what you say or being rude, just wanted a bit more info on it :)

Thanks
      I wouldn't say that A7 is out of his range. Why would you say that? And as well 78? And some even tend to play tighter their 2pairs so I wouldn't be surprised to see 76 here.

A7s for example for the nutFD? Or even some looser player tend to float with mid-pair there while they don't tend to put you on a hand just air or some draw type of hand. And why ain't 78 possible? Why does he have to raise it on turn? I wouldn't for example if I had there 78 just for the reason that we are isolating ourselves against better hands.

And there is still a chance that he may even slowplay some 77 type of hand which they tend to do sometimes and be tricky.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Ah man, thanks for taking the time to explain that.

You've really cleared up some doubts for me.

Thanks again, so much, I realised flaws in my thinking.

:)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Ah man, thanks for taking the time to explain that.

You've really cleared up some doubts for me.

Thanks again, so much, I realised flaws in my thinking.

:)
      You are welcome! That's why we are here and of course we can always continue the discussion if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)