Playing Poker on a Mac :s

• mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Hi, I recently bought a new macbook as my old laptop broke.. :( And I've got a few questions...

I notice Holdem Manager isn't compatible for Mac so was wondering what the best tracking software out there is?

When I get up to around 40 tables on the mac, every now and then PokerStars will just crash and close all the tables and I have to restart PokerStars... Anyone have any idea why or is it just the mac isn't fast enough?

Also, I don't really know much about mods and stuff for Poker but I am usually playing 30+ tables of Turbo MTTs and was wondering if there was anything out there that would be able to show the stats of the tournament on the actual table so I don't have to open the lobby... Something simple that shows you your position in the tournament and how many people are left so I can easily see when I'm on the bubble?

Thanks..
  • 1 reply
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mccol001
      I notice Holdem Manager isn't compatible for Mac so was wondering what the best tracking software out there is?
      Your choices are PokerTracker and Poker Copilot. Poker Copilot is lacking in features, is expensive, and written in Java. PokerTracker is just like the windows version except no Rush hud.

Originally posted by mccol001
      When I get up to around 40 tables on the mac, every now and then PokerStars will just crash and close all the tables and I have to restart PokerStars... Anyone have any idea why or is it just the mac isn't fast enough?
      That's been my experience with anything above 4 tables. I've had this experience with every single game application on Mac ever. Lower framerates, more crashing, and generally worse performance. Try thinking differently.