[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 AQo 3bet pot OOP

• jozata
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BU calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.1) 7, J, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.60, BU calls $2.60.

Turn: ($10.3) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BU calls $6.00.

River: ($22.3) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.00

Villain-unknown.I think he would float me with many hands here.So is the second barrel even on this card reasonable?If not should I simply c/f and isnt this too exploitable?I think that shoving river for value is better than c/c as he would usually check behind with his pocket pairs and I doubt he ever has there air to bluff with so he is only betting for value Jx/boat.
  • 2 replies
    • StaticMoth
      Vs unknown ...

On this uberdry board, 3 barreling seems a bit spewy since we don't fold out much, pairs aren't folding anyway and like you assumed, even random overcards/floats since 99% players cbet those boards. And since he's unknown, we have absolutely no info / therefore we're just playing an expensive lottery/guessing game.

Maybe a slightly better alternative would be to c/c.

Firstly, we assume to have the best hand/SD value quite often here, and if not, we have 6 outs (except vs Jx ofc).

Bet bet betting we build the pot tooo much with this guessing game, but with check calling we run the chance of him checking back, thus giving us a bit more info about his possible holdings + free cards for us.

Also c/c looks a looot more suspicious than barreling on these boards, so we might make them more cautious, and keeping the pot under control.

Allowing us to get to SD cheaply (possibly) with what is likely the best hand + 6 outs ... aydaydada, went on a bit of a rant, but you get the point :f_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      I turn barreling is fine he should fold his floats and a lot of times also his middle pp-s
      Unless he has A5s, A7s I think you don´t get called river by worse hands, so instead of shoving I´d b/c smt like 6$. Then he might call me down his TT/88 type hands