Stack
      SB:
      $4.89
      BB:
      $4.12
      Hero:
      $4.09

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, SB calls $0.14, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.48) Q:diamond: , J:diamond: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.36, SB calls $0.36, BB folds.

Turn: ($1.20) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.57, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.77

I think I had to fold or re-raise. I put the SB on either 2 pair or a straight which puts me well behind. Definitely not getting the odds unless he is on a bluff.
  • 7 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Platinum
      This is so gay-ish donk :D . It could be a trap, but folding seems a bit too weak imo. I´d probably raise it to 1$ and fold to the shove or, if he calls, try to get free show down and if he won´t give it to me, just giving up.
    • Biggles87
      Biggles87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      This is so gay-ish donk :D . It could be a trap, but folding seems a bit too weak imo. I´d probably raise it to 1$ and fold to the shove or, if he calls, try to get free show down and if he won´t give it to me, just giving up.
      I disagree. For a start can't raise it to $1, as that is below the min raise.

Secondly his play suggests a draw, he could have called in order to float but at this level and considering his previous play I don't think that likely. I think it is more likely he hit his draw.

Third if he wanted to trap me, he would best to check-call me as it or raise me on the river if I check the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Biggles87,

Why not to just Call? We basically might still be ahead against some draws and maybe even some weak pair which tries to get cheap showdown. But as well when we raise we might just isolate ourselves against better hands. Of course there are some spots where I might even prefer raising but in this spot I'd just Call and reevaluate it on river.

Best regards.
    • Cooleyman
      Cooleyman
      Bronze
      I'm interested in the river play if we call.

Assume a blank and SB bets: a. 1/3 pot, b. 2/3 pot, c. pot what action do we take?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Cooleyman
      I'm interested in the river play if we call.

Assume a blank and SB bets: a. 1/3 pot, b. 2/3 pot, c. pot what action do we take?
      If he again bets like 1/3 pot then it would be a bit tricky, although I guess I would still find a Call for the given odds. But when the bet size goes bigger then we can assume more often expect to be against a stronger hand, this is one of the leaks what people do that they bet turn small to induce bluff or whatsoever and look weak on his hand and when they see that they lost value they start betting bigger.
    • Cooleyman
      Cooleyman
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz - pleased to say may thinking was similar. Your wise words might be sinking in!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Cooleyman
      Thanks Veriz - pleased to say may thinking was similar. Your wise words might be sinking in!
      You are welcome! And of course don't forget to post your own hands as well. :D