Sunday Million 5th anniversary 6th place finisher zeurrr not getting the money

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Thought i'd post it here. Probably be news article soon but pokerstrategy is always a bit slow :D Apparently his money is going to be sent to charity against underage gambling.. lmfao.. Come on.. that's so hilariously fucked up.. :D

The kid was massive luckbox and a douchebag for asking more money from the deal when everyone agreed to it. And very stupid for actualy not keeping it quiet. So i don't have that much sympathy for him.

Sources: 2+2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/who-won-500k-father-son-now-poll-994463/index97.html#post26583753

Thank you for your email about the recent Sunday Million 5th Anniversary Tournament.

PokerStars is able to advise that the registered account owner of 'zeurrr' did not operate the account during that tournament. Further, the account was operated by an individual who was seventeen years of age, in breach of PokerStars' strict rules against underage gaming.

As you might imagine, underage gaming is a very serious issue for PokerStars. It is a violation of PokerStars' license agreements and it is crucial that we behave responsibly in dealing with these matters.

PokerStars' Responsible Gaming webpage states the following:

"Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all winnings forfeited and could face criminal prosecution."

You can view this on our website here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/about/responsible-gaming/

In accordance with this policy, we have decided to close the PokerStars account of the offender, and further, to seize all monies held in the account.

The funds from the account will be donated to charitable organisations which specialize in preventing underage gaming. We have made this decision because the player did not receive any advantage over other players, and we have acted in accordance with our usual policy on these issues.

I trust that this email clarifies our position on the matter, but if you have further queries, please feel free to write back any time.

Regards,

Michael J
      PokerStars Game Security

And it's also on highstakesdb.com

For those that don't know the story: The kid is 17 years old and won 518k in that tournament. Fake birthdate on his account and he tweeted about it on his twitter.. Then he tried to change his personal details on pokerstars so he wouldn't get caught and deleted the tweets etc.. Then trying to claim his dad was playing. That's how he got caught.

Incase i can't mention those sites just edit them out. Even though pokerstrategy news articles have credited those sites as sources frequently.
  • 11 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Lol. What a gimp
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      For those that don't know the story: The kid is 17 years old and won 518k in that tournament. Fake birthdate on his account and he tweeted about it on his twitter.. Then he tried to change his personal details on pokerstars so he wouldn't get caught and deleted the tweets etc.. Then trying to claim his dad was playing. That's how he got caught.

Thats not how the story goes......
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn

Thats not how the story goes......
      Go ahead and tell your version. prob trolling. :f_p:
    • mattisks
      mattisks
      Bronze
      the thing is..

Nothing new! :D
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      If I remember rightly, there was a news post on PokerStrategy.com about this guy a couple of days after the tournament took place, 2 months ago?

But yeah, what an idiot :D
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      there was a news reporter who wanted to interview him and dug up his true identity by finding the twitter account with his screen name and seeing his real name connected to the twitter page.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      there was a news reporter who wanted to interview him and dug up his true identity by finding the twitter account with his screen name and seeing his real name connected to the twitter page.
      Doesn't really matter imo. Pokerstars would be pretty stupid if they hadn't found it out without that reporter. Pretty sure you have to show your ID before cashing out.. And when there is no one with that birthdate and name living in that area that's going to cause problems ;)

But you can nitpick over the details if you want. It comes down to the kid being incredibly stupid and if he was a bit smarter he could have walked away with 518k that day.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Doesn't really matter imo. Pokerstars would be pretty stupid if they hadn't found it out without that reporter. Pretty sure you have to show your ID before cashing out.. And when there is no one with that birthdate and name living in that area that's going to cause problems ;)

But you can nitpick over the details if you want. It comes down to the kid being incredibly stupid and if he was a bit smarter he could have walked away with 518k that day.
      if only pokerstars would've found out they probably would've allowed him to wait until he were 18 and then cash r something like that... It's just because it reached public before it reached stars they had to do something so the society wouldn't think they were okay with underage people playing..

And you flaming him for wanting more money on the final table is kinda stupid.. poker is about exploiting people.. and you don't take a deal just because all the other dudes wanted it... People were so desperate to get a deal so I can def understand why he wanted to exploit that and get some more dough.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze

if only pokerstars would've found out they probably would've allowed him to wait until he were 18 and then cash r something like that... It's just because it reached public before it reached stars they had to do something so the society wouldn't think they were okay with underage people playing..

And you flaming him for wanting more money on the final table is kinda stupid.. poker is about exploiting people.. and you don't take a deal just because all the other dudes wanted it... People were so desperate to get a deal so I can def understand why he wanted to exploit that and get some more dough.
      also doesnt mean that he doesn't deserve to get berated for his actions! :f_biggrin:
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      You're over two months late, but you seem to think pokerstrategy are late? WHAT?!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze

The calculations for how much each player would receive is based on Chip EV calculations if i'm correct. Not sure how it exactly works but my best guess is they figure out how much your chips are worth compared to the prize pool left and you get that share. Since more chips meant more $.

It's a pretty bold move to ask for more money when your the least experienced player on that table. Sure if you Phil Ivey you can say that but if your some inexperienced poker players that's a pretty greedy thing to do. Thought it was a pretty lame thing to do personally when he will benefit most from making a deal in the long run.

Just speculating doesn't strengthen your argument. They might have done that. That would be the nice thing to do. On the other hand he broke rules. And i see no reason why they'd make an exception for him.

Don't shoot the messenger :D Just thought some of you would be interested what would happen with the money. And if the kid would still get it or not. Just stating my opinion. Don't agree with it.. fine. But realise your not changing my mind.

edit: to above. There was no statement from pokerstars what they were doing with the money before. They simply said they were investigating it.

Just a note.. i'm not going to respond anymore.. Want to argue that badly go to 2+2. I'm going back to grinding and owning some drunk fish in Headsup.