[NL2-NL10] nl2 TT

• adrenalina91
      adrenalina91
      Bronze
      I think I played this hand badly, what do you think?
      I decided to make a c-bet on the flop to see if he would fold because the flop was not good for me. then the ten on the river gave me three of a kind, but it could give a straight to the opponent. I think my bet here was actually bad, I was probably beat. then the river card recovered me and made a bigger bet, I think it could have actually been bigger probably all in and the opponent would have called, I don't know though.
      I think I played this hand badly, what do you think?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $4.68
      UTG:
      $4.25
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $2.10
      UTG2:
      $1.41
      MP1:
      $3.63
      MP2:
      $1.93
      MP3:
      $2.30
      CO:
      $1.86
      BU:
      $4.45
      SB:
      $3.04

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T, T.
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.08, 6 folds, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) J, K, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.39) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20.

River: ($0.79) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, MP1 calls $0.78.

Final Pot: $2.35.

in case you want to see what the opponent had after you evaluate I put spoiler tags around it.
      opponent had a straight ace high and his cards AK
  • 18 replies
    • adrenalina91
      adrenalina91
      Bronze
      Can a mod please move this thread to the bss hand evaluation forum. I posted here by mistake sorry
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      No problem, moved to BSS

Bart
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I suck at evaluating hands but I like to try so don't take any of my advice, but feel free to say where you think I am wrong and right :P

Flop - Bet more 15-18c. I don't know why you think this is a bad flop for your hand? Most the time when we hold a PP JJ and below we are going to see over cards, this time the over cards match your hand. Okay there is 3 and we are now drawing - But I wouldn't mind seeing this flop.

Turn - A nice card but also a bad one - Gives outs to the FH but our OESD just got punked.... I think at this point I check call a reasonable bet (30c ish) looking for the board to pair. But when I check I expect villain to check behind whether he has the straight or not.
      But as you bet out - possible to rep the Ace yourself - Bet more at least 30c

River - Another great card, and if you had bet more on the flop and turn (with your chosen line) could of got all in here. If river was a blank I check /fold.

Like I said feel free to discuss or just tell me I'm an idiot :D but don't take any of this as advice until the judge has commented :)

After the spoiler - Would not of put opponent on that after the call pre-flop - But won't say anymore as it may give away what he had.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello adrenalina91,

It's pretty marginal to bet the turn while he will anyways have hard time Calling with a lot worse and as well we might even get raised which would put us just into difficult situations. I'd basically just Check the turn and maybe Call with the implied odds if we do hit our FH on river then we can bet for value.

Best regards.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I am getting better at this :P I was pretty close :f_biggrin:
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Actually game theory suggest to do the exact opposite not check the turn to bet the turn or even a bit OVERBET the turn , do you have a problem with a bit gambling veriz??
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      check shove the river next time
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by fishnumber1
      Actually game theory suggest to do the exact opposite not check the turn to bet the turn or even a bit OVERBET the turn , do you have a problem with a bit gambling veriz??
      What do you mean a problem with a bit gambling? :f_biggrin: Could you explain yourself a bit better. And I am not saying that betting is very wrong on turn, although if we face a raise then we would be in pretty ugly spot and likely even would be the case that we wont get the correct implied odds anymore. And why do you want to overbet it? Please give further explanations.
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Because it looks like the hero has the straight himself....that why :D
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Thats why overbet it
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thats why overbet it
      And why to turn our hand into bluff? While we might still be able to complete to FH on river and what was even the case.
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      Because as far as i know it poker is about outplaying your opponents either by leveling raise, leveling checks, leveling flat call and other stuff
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Because as far as i know it poker is about outplaying your opponents either by leveling raise, leveling checks, leveling flat call and other stuff
      Not really, not on those levels when people even wont think of it. And not the best approach you taking. Would be great to see the theory from where you read that.
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      If he does not hit he could give it up on the river since the opponent has no clue the hero has leveled the turn
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If he does not hit he could give it up on the river since the opponent has no clue the hero has leveled the turn
      And what level are you talking about? You basically just leveling yourself there and value-towning yourself if you do overbet there. You wont get called by worse and basically will make worse hands what you beat to fold and better ones will continue.
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      If you know the opponent will call rather than raise you the overbet on the turn is actually a good move
      Please say YES :f_biggrin:
    • fishnumber1
      fishnumber1
      Bronze
      PLEASE SAY YES :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If you know the opponent will call rather than raise you the overbet on the turn is actually a good move
      Please say YES :f_biggrin:
      You can never be sure that he is going to Call there. And therefore I don't like the overbet either and commit myself.