This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush - Q trips

• slashng
      slashng
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.41
      BU:
      $1.61
      SB:
      $8.77
      BB:
      $3.93
      UTG1:
      $5.51
      UTG2:
      $3.28
      MP1:
      $3.97

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, Q.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, CO calls $0.17, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.41) A, 8, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, CO calls $0.28.

Turn: ($0.97) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.97) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.67, CO raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.13.

Final Pot: $4.57.

Opp stats: VPIP 17/PFR 2/AF 1.3 -sample size 280

Flop: Cbet for bluff. I think his range after calling my cbet is 88,33,AhKh,AhQh,KhQh,AhJh,KhJh,QhJh,AhTh,KhTh,QhTh,JhTh,ATo+

Turn: Flush have completed here and I only have a 2nd pair. My plan here is to check/fold if he bets on the turn again cos villain is a rock and his Agg factor is very low. I'm way behind most of the time if he show aggression.

River: I hit my trips here. Villain checks on the turn which makes me thinks that he might only have a top pair. Therefore I bet for value here.
      However, villain min-raises me and I think I am beaten here but given the odds to call where I just need to be right 1 out of 4 times to be profitable. Therefore, I call his min-raise.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello slashng,

Preflop: Sometimes I do even disagree with raising here, although definitely doable to raise from MP3. More often I'd prefer to be at least CO/BU.
      Flop: I would likely CBet maybe a bit bigger like $0,30 to make it look like we really do have the Ax which tries to protect from FD. But it's not a big mistake.
      Turn: Not much you can do here than Check/Fold it because a draw completed. And as well watch out because he may slowplay even sometimes here.
      River: What kind of range do you put him on here? I mean what hands do you expect to beat as he raises here? Is he capable of doing that with pure Ax? I don't think so. And either we ain't getting like super good odds here actually, it's almost 3x our bet. Guess I would be more inclined to fold but lets see what kind of ranges you put him on and then might even reevaluate it.

Best regards.