[NL2-NL10] QQ facing calling station / tilter?

• hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      His stats...

VPIP - 44
      PFR - 10
      Ag - 1.5
      WTSD - 28
      3 bet - 0

Also, he had lost 150 BB total calling pot bets with bad draws and calling with second pair etc etc.

The hand...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.45
      MP3:
      $2.19
      CO (Hero):
      $2.06
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $3.64

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 2 folds, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.15) 5, T, 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.33, BB raises to $2.38, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.48.

My thinking was that he may be tilt shoving, but it was more likely that he hit trips because otherwise he would have just called.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hackbinder,

Good to see old members posting again their hands! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Basically there is not much you can do against his line. He ain't even that aggressive so therefore it's usually rather a trap. Some tend to min-raise to induce bigger raise and then shoving with a strong hand and that's likely the case. He rather has us beat without good assumptions/information. I'd as well make the crying fold there.

But there can still be spots where we might even consider going broke in those spots. But without information I wouldn't.

Best regards.