getting started

• hennney
      hennney
      Bronze
      well i personally play a lot of poker.. but i cant force myself to stick to the bankroll..
      it just bothers me to play for little money.. i started with 60 euros and ended up with 400 very fast.. (because i played large sng) and then i cashed out about 320.. after that i got broke very fast (of course)
      and then i got broke the second time (60)
      and then a third time (60)..
      well there are 60 left and i think of trying it one more timr ;) but with a correct bankroll management..

how long does it take u to get up in the limits with $100 and where should i start?? regarding SNG's as well as NL holdem..

best regards,
      hennney
  • 1 reply
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi,
      For SNG's, allow 50 Buy-ins, so that's 2$ sng's [maximum!] for a 100$ roll. Some prefer 100 buy-ins however, which I think is a good idea.
      For cash games, I'd recommend starting with the shortstack strategy. You can find all the articles in the "strategy" section. For this you need at least 30 Buy-ins, so you can start at NL10 (0.05/.10).
      How long it takes to move up depends on how you play, your bankroll management, and luck (which has no impact on the long run, but can slow you down sometimes).
      Your goal shouldn't be moving up quickly, but mastering whatever limit you're at. Once you can beat the limit, money will start appearing like magic ;)