how long...

• 6 replies
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      You need to set stop loss imo.. Losing over 11 buyins is just too much for a single session.
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      You need to set stop loss imo.. Losing over 11 buyins is just too much for a single session.
      I get your point... But I don't tilt away money, maybe I do stop playing A game after few bad beats, but not spewing i guess... I always try to break even session after big losses, that's bad, I know. But usually it works out... Btw, I'm playing NL10 BSS, so I lost 6,6 BI and should have been up 1,6 BI, but OK thats behind me.. I still have much to learn and improve my game, and more playing/volume will rip that variance probably...
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Oh if you're playing NL10 then 6 bis isnt so bad, i thought you're still playing NL5. But still, if you havent done it yet, you should definitely set a stop loss limit. :)
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      ergh, i feel your pain.

My last session, i sat down, get AA, double up against TT, literally the next hand get AA again, i was shocked, got 3-bet, I shoved. Guy calls with JJ and hits a set.

Got KK twice, both times busted by AK, both times pre-flop all in, one turned a straight, the other rivered an ace.

I quit in the end after only winning one pot out of about 10 that I got in with monsters with good equity, and lost the other 9 :/

Was too much to take so i quit before the tilt started!
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      This is f&%$$ stupid game, I just cannot belive it anymore. I'm running on 1/3 of EV line, like yeah, that's normal... Going to start playing f%$%& bingo instead.
      [img][IMG]https://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9350/asdfmk.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
    • NoOneSpcl
      NoOneSpcl
      Bronze
      Actually tilting is not the only concern when you lose several buy-ins.

The other problem is that the other players can see that you lose and lose and lose and they will usually either think you're a fish or that you may be tilting after having a few bad beats.

In either of these cases, you can be targeted... which makes the game much harder to play. So stop-loss is usually good for more reasons than just avoiding tilt.

Lots of luck!