push/fold at bubble with rebuys?

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      Hi
      I got a rather uncommon situation: I played a satellite 0.3$ rebuy, and the first 10 players get a ticket, a total price pool of 22$. Only 18 ppl registered, and towards the end of the rebuy phase the actual price pool was~6$ (=16$ added).

7 players busted early and did not rebuy(wtf? :D ) Because the game was a speed game, we ended at the bubble with <13blinds while rebuys were still possible. How should you play such a game? pushing a lot and calling with an extremely wide range(i.e. whenever equity is 51%)?

and also, i was at 4500 chips at the end of rebuy phase. some players were down to about 1000. Of course they did not care to add on^^ Should i purchase an add-on? on one hand I'm quite likely to win, on the other hand its only 30cents into an inflated price pool....

I mean, not that it really mattered, of course i won. just asking out of sheer curiosity....
  • 3 replies
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      It was a satellite, and 10 players won a ticket...

Now , for the next step 10 players are registered.....cant wait for it to begin:D
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      well, noone?^^
      anyway, i won the next satellite, and the third was cancelled. i got refunded 15$ and i guess i have to be happy for my 250% win
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      You may be able to make calls which lose chips on average. Each rebuy you can make there is valuable, so you should tend to make plays which let you rebuy more often as long as the apparent equity you give up is less than the expected gain from rebuying. I think there was a CardPlayer Magazine article in which someone made a hideous call (not all-in) then folded later in order to get under the threshold for rebuying when there was an overlay on the rebuy.

and also, i was at 4500 chips at the end of rebuy phase. some players were down to about 1000. Of course they did not care to add on^^ Should i purchase an add-on? on one hand I'm quite likely to win, on the other hand its only 30cents into an inflated price pool....
      Unless the blinds are really high, I suggest using the ICM to estimate the equity of each alternative, although it is a little hard to find a program which uses the ICM for more than 10 people and prizes.