Looking for a thread post from not too long ago

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      It was one of those "Ask me anything" kind of threads, with someone successful like TwiceT answering questions.

Someone asked "Hey do you have a poker schedule something like this (links to an excel spreadsheet of someone's poker schedule which had grinding for like 39.5 hours per week IIRC)" and the OP replied "Nope, I just find when I have the time I play the hours" or something to that effect.

Super random question, its just I'm working on a schedule and I want to find that spreadsheet that the guy who asked the question linked/quoted.
  • 9 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      http://ultimategrinders.com/flopped/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/February1.jpg
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      http://ultimategrinders.com/flopped/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/February1.jpg
      sleeps way too much but except from that it's pretty good :D

But i could never live using a schedule like that if i was a poker pro.. One of the major benefits of being a poker pro is that you can work whenever the f you want. And just seems silly to strictly follow a schedule to me..
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      One of the major benefits of being a poker pro is that you can work whenever the f you want.
      I doubt that's true. A poker pro likely has to schedule his/her playing time when the fish are most active and the other pros are least active.

The idea that any job gives you totally flexible hours is a myth. And in most cases "flexible hours" means you have to work seven days a week, including on Christmas Day.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Imo, the flexibility of poker pro is not that he can play anytime he wants(meaning that he just randomly decided that today he'll start at 6pm, tomorrow he decides to start at 4pm, etc..), but that you can adjust your schedule depending on other real life stuff, on average field strenght and other important factors. And so, you need to have some schedule, not necessary with every hour of the day in it, but knowing your playing hours is good, it can also help to keep your volume at good level :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      Imo, the flexibility of poker pro is not that he can play anytime he wants(meaning that he just randomly decided that today he'll start at 6pm, tomorrow he decides to start at 4pm, etc..), but that you can adjust your schedule depending on other real life stuff, on average field strenght and other important factors. And so, you need to have some schedule, not necessary with every hour of the day in it, but knowing your playing hours is good, it can also help to keep your volume at good level :)
      I would totally agree with that (although, not being a pro myself, I don't know for sure whether it's true).

One thing people shouldn't forget is that a pro MUST put in his hours. If he wakes up today and wants to go to the beach but needs to play in order to put in his hours, he has to be disciplined enough to go play even if he doesn't feel like it.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Thanks a lot, you're a legend :D

You all make great points. I have been "pro" for 2 years now but have never had a "schedule" per se, and have probably suffered from it. I have awful time management and can't seem to find enough hours in the day to do what I want and still get even 30 hours of volume a week done, which is why I am making my own schedule.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Thanks a lot, you're a legend :D

You all make great points. I have been "pro" for 2 years now but have never had a "schedule" per se, and have probably suffered from it. I have awful time management and can't seem to find enough hours in the day to do what I want and still get even 30 hours of volume a week done, which is why I am making my own schedule.
      Was going to state this as the only reason in which case i'd do it.

What Bigniux said is what i meant. Thought it was obvious but apparently not. My point was you can take a vacation if you need it when you want. If you want to go out partying this night you can just go. If there's this concert of this famous artist that is rarely in your country you can just go. etc.. That's what i meant. If you have a boss chances are your not allowed or have to ask it weeks in advance and hope you can go.

If your doing well as a poker pro of course. If you need to grind every day of the month to cover your expenses (and they're not outrageous) then i'd probably have waited longer before turning pro myself.

something like grind 3 hours every morning and 3 hours in the afternoon/evening schedule could work fine for me. But every hour of your week planned.. That looks to me like that person would be very obsessive with having everything under control.. Might aswell be a robot in my opinion :f_biggrin: And i wouldn't be able follow a schedule like that.

Goodluck making your schedule though TerrorBlade. I might make one myself but just for poker/study times so i put some more hours into my game.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      What Bigniux said is what i meant. Thought it was obvious but apparently not.
      There were two ways to interpret it and i took the wrong one :P

That looks to me like that person would be very obsessive with having everything under control..
      Well, it depends on how strictly you want to follow that :) Having such schedule just as a reminder and allowing your self to deviate a bit is fine :) At first i also thought that it's kinda strange, but then i realized that it's super easy to make such schedule and live along with it. You know at what hours you usually eat, you know your grinding hours, you know when you go to the gym and that can already fill up huge part of schedule :)
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      What is chiro and neuro?