[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SH AQ pre-flop on SB

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $27.80
      Hero:
      $26.07
      SB:
      $25.32

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , Q:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.25, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $3.00, MP2 calls $2.75, SB calls $2.25.

Flop: ($9.00) 4:spade: , 4:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($9.00) 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($9.00) 9:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25.

Final Pot: $9.75

Re-raise is fine?

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , Q:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.90, BU calls $0.90, Hero raises to $4.00, BB folds, CO raises to $10.00, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $15.15

Re-raise is fine against raise and call or should I better fold

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $24.78
      BB:
      $25

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , A:heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 7:diamond: , Q:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($2.10) 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.75, CO folds.

Final Pot: $3.85

Like that:) Don´t think that call is fine here.
  • 4 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I don't understand: in hand 1 you 3bet after a display of strength and in hand 3 you fold to a CO open-raise.

Hand 2 looks good.

Without any reads whatsoever with regards to these villains it is very difficult to give any sort of meaningful advice.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      They were all unknown players. Posted these 3 hands to give an example how AQ could played. Since my 3-bet wasn´t taken seriously (and one time even 4-bet), then on last hand I didn´t even defend my blind:)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I think that last fold was a bit ridiculous, they don't have to respect your bet, AQo is a good enough hand to play shorthanded...
      You have 2 options, raise it or call it.

If you raise, you can still choose whether to contibet or not depending on the flop.
      If you flatcall, you are IN position against the raiser. BB might still call as well (as he apparently did). This means you could check the flop as either BB (if he's in) or BU (who's in position after 2 checkers) will almost certainly bet it, and depending on the flop, you might call/fold/raise that bet. Played this way against a LP raiser, you can still be in position on the flop if you're quite sure one the guys behind you will bet ... and what's wrong with AQo then eh ?

Same in hand 2. If you would just flatcall if you know they don't respect raises preflop and don't feel that comfortable raising, just call. You can always check the flop (even if hit), because a contibet or late position bet is very likely and that's again giving you position on the flop itself.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      1. nh

2. nh

3. Reraise preflop!