PLO vs Holdem

• DianaGrosu
      DianaGrosu
      Bronze
      hi guys,

I just wanted to ask and hope that i get some feedback from players. If ya person is not that good at holdem dose it mean that he will not be able o learn PLO? I am not that bad...but i always go on tilt very easy...(everybody knows what happens then). I played S&G, MTT, Cash SH,FR and had a little profit from all of them combined...a couple hundreds. I need to say that i study a bit and i don't use software etc..i know that is very important.
      Thx
      Hope to see some answers.
  • 5 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      NLH and PLO require pretty similar mindset from someone in order to constantly improve his game.
      If you are having problems with tilt, PLO does not seem like the right game for you tho, because variance there is much higher, meaning you will more often be in situations that make you tilt and loose more money.

Word of advice - work on your mindset whatever game you chose, it will help you in everything you will try to do both in poker and in real life
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      More to the topic itself, PLO higher limits are more easily beatable than the same limits at NLH?
    • DianaGrosu
      DianaGrosu
      Bronze
      i analyzed a bit my tilt problem and i got to the conclusion that i go very easy on tilt because, for example at cash i see 0.10 as 10 cents not as a BB, probably that is one of the problems , also i cannot understand the downswing ..always have to win to feel good..
      Thx anyway
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Yeah you have to somehow get rid of the money value in play. Happened to me too when I moved up to $11-22 sngs. Just couldn't cope with loosing/winning more than $200 in one day.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/18302/