Will I be able to play in the US ? NO :(

• pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm going to united states for a month. I'm curious if I will be able to play there? The poker rooms must recognize that Im connected to US internet. Will they allow me to play? I'm from the Czech Rep.

Thanks
  • 12 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      use an IP tunneling service and you should be OK.

eg your-freedom.net
    • hominin
      hominin
      Bronze
      a vpn will work for pokerstars but not entirely sure for full tilt - heads up though it is risky since it is not allowed in the states regardless of where you actually live.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      When I was in Dublin I used my VPN but couldn't log in to FTP
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hominin
      a vpn will work for pokerstars but not entirely sure for full tilt - heads up though it is risky since it is not allowed in the states regardless of where you actually live.
      whats vpn? and risky? could they actually block my account if i play there?? could any of the moderators actually answer this?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      FTP is blocked in ireland :f_eek: ?
    • Bollocks22
      Bollocks22
      Bronze
      steganos is a other service you can use. it's paid tho... $14 a month but you have a nice connection and your IP's are from eastern Europe so!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by viewer88
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      FTP is blocked in ireland :f_eek: ?
      Said it in a bit of a weird way, just wanted to say FTP won't open when youre on a VPN
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      FTP working fine here in ireland.

some VPNs can spoof hardware. meaning it'l look like an ADSL router etc. if you can get that and use it, ur sorted methinks.

also some routers have VPN functionality built in. if you are lucky enough to have it, it'l also let you log in fine.
    • Lamapalooza
      Lamapalooza
      Bronze
      I use a VPN when I'm at my university and I can open FTP without problems.
      I don't know about other VPN networks, but it does seem that some allow usage of FTP.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      The poker rooms must recognize that Im connected to US internet. Will they allow me to play?
      If they notice expect your account to be locked and except a huge hassle getting it unlocked once you return.
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      The poker rooms must recognize that Im connected to US internet. Will they allow me to play?
      If they notice expect your account to be locked and except a huge hassle getting it unlocked once you return.
      I guess I will just send them an email concerning this matter ...
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      No citizens are allowed to play in the US
      This is what I recieved from Pokerstars support. Response in 5 minutes (wonder how long it will take FTP to answer :D )

Hello Pavel,

Thank you for your email.

These restrictions apply to all PokerStars account holders while located inside the United States and its territories. Even if you are a citizen of another country, you will still need to comply with these restrictions while physically located in the United States.

Consequently, you will not be able to play or make any real money transfers while you are in the United States. Also, please be aware that using any technique to try to circumvent our automated restrictions is a further breach of our Terms of Service, and will lead to your account being closed and the funds therein seized.

The relevant extract from our Terms of Service reads:

5.11. Residents of the United States and United States Territories are not permitted to make deposits into their accounts or engage in real-money play. They may cash out their existing account balances. Residents of other nations are not permitted to engage in real-money play while located in the United States. Any attempt to circumvent the restrictions on play by residents of the U.S. or U.S. Territories, and by residents of other nations while located in the United States, is a breach of this Agreement. An attempt at circumvention includes, but is not limited to, manipulating the information used by PokerStars to identify your location and providing PokerStars with false or misleading information regarding your residence.

You can read our Terms of Service in full here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/

We trust that this email clarifies our position on the matter, but if you have further queries, please feel free to write back any time.

Regards,

Christa
      PokerStars Support Team

----------------------------------------------------

So it sucks a little bit but what can I do? Just have a break