This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Which hands can i play in a SnG

• bssjonny
      bssjonny
      Bronze
      I know that this depends mostly on what stage of the competition im in, but i often find that deciding which hands to play is my biggest flaw. So could somebody perhaps point me towards an article on this or maybe even discuss it in a reply.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      You are joking, right? :f_p:

There is a link on top of this page...it says "Strategy"...Than there is a section called "SNG: Sit Ang Go Tournaments"...in there there are a bunch of articles...read them! ;)

edit: to help a little...you'll find the answer to your questin in the second article.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Have a look at the basic/silver articles in the strategy section. What hands you call depends on various different factors such as stack size, blinds and your opponents calling/pushing range.

Also using the ICM trainer or other software like Sit N Go Wizard will give you a better idea on what hands you should play, although it should not be relied on entirely as your decision should also be based on what hands your opponent would push/call with.
    • bssjonny
      bssjonny
      Bronze
      ahh silly me. Thanks :P
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      u just have to read the article with the starting hands

but also, you have to adjust to the table. i mean you can push wide vs tights and tight up vs calling stations. but you'll gain that from playing experience.