Which hands can i play in a SnG

• bssjonny
      bssjonny
      Bronze
      I know that this depends mostly on what stage of the competition im in, but i often find that deciding which hands to play is my biggest flaw. So could somebody perhaps point me towards an article on this or maybe even discuss it in a reply.

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      You are joking, right? :f_p:

There is a link on top of this page...it says "Strategy"...Than there is a section called "SNG: Sit Ang Go Tournaments"...in there there are a bunch of articles...read them! ;)

edit: to help a little...you'll find the answer to your questin in the second article.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Have a look at the basic/silver articles in the strategy section. What hands you call depends on various different factors such as stack size, blinds and your opponents calling/pushing range.

Also using the ICM trainer or other software like Sit N Go Wizard will give you a better idea on what hands you should play, although it should not be relied on entirely as your decision should also be based on what hands your opponent would push/call with.
    • bssjonny
      bssjonny
      Bronze
      ahh silly me. Thanks :P
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      u just have to read the article with the starting hands

but also, you have to adjust to the table. i mean you can push wide vs tights and tight up vs calling stations. but you'll gain that from playing experience.