Draw and Mixed games (+some charity inside)

• clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      Hello, PokerStrategists!

Not a lot of draw game players out here, but I hope I will start a pattern. Mostly I play 2-7 Triple Draw small to midstakes. It's a limit game which is some kid of similar to LHE - there are same betting rounds, but then again it's completely different - straights, flushes, full houses etc are the worst possible hands you can make. Yeah, it's lowball game.

Last couple of months it has become really popular in nosbleed stakes. And people enjoy it because it's just fun game. You should try it at least one time!

So I'm playing cash games from 0,25/0,5 to 1/2 games and tournaments up to 11$, all 27TD. People though are really bad at low stakes games, fundamental approach to triple draw is wrong, they don't have basic knowledge of hand strenghts, but thats a good thing, right? :)

I am really fanatic of this game - I have read all the posts on 2+2 about 27 Triple Draw, took notes in notepad (is it weird that ir write down stuff? :D ). I this that learning is the way how you can improve in poker.

I will blog quite frequently just to keep track of my progress, I will put some goals every month and just post some random poker related stuff. If you have anything to ask, do it! Oh, and I will stay Basic I believe, because sites that I play are not tracked to PS.

Anyway - GL to all and sorry for my bad english! :)
  • 11 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Your English is fine. :) Three-quarters of people who grew up in English-speaking countries don't write in English as well as you do.

I am fascinated by the concept of lowball games, and have played some stud hi/lo and razz, but know nothing about triple draw. Would you care to post a link to the basic rules?

If you want to discuss strategy, I'd be willing to listen and do my best to ask intelligent questions.

And please do post your goals right at the outset, before you start your play campaign.

As someone who plays only live right know, I know very well what it's like to be part of a tiny minority that nearly everyone ignores, so we have a bit of a kinship there. I'll make sure I check your blog regularly for updates. Have a look at mine! :)
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I'll be tracking this blog, I love draw games. Razz and Stud in particular. I guess I don't know much about 27 since no one here has ever posted anything and I don't really venture onto any other sites then pokerstrategy.

Good luck!
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      will be following with interest. big mixed games fan. maybe we'll run into each other at the tables ;)
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      @belayed: yeah, sure. this article will give a good basic concept of 27TD - http://www.railbirds.com/blog/187951/2-7-triple-draw-for-beginners.html
      I will definately check out your blog and I would like to discuss poker with you :)

And thanks guys for support, really feels good that someone will follow this blog! I will post my goals for this month and for longterm future in my next post later in the evening.
      C ya! :)
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      Hey, guys!
      Haven't played much, just busy in real life. I believe I will play more tournaments. But gonna put in a lot of volume in CG too. Really motivated to improve my game, I just want to move up faster... :)

So goals for end of may and june:
      [ ] playing 25 hours a week
      [ ] watch Triple The Gold series on D (yeah, got membership)
      [ ] analise my game
      [ ] analise hand histories on DC forums, as well as 2+2
      [ ] thinking about every move
      [ ] learn badugi

maybe will add some stuff to this list later on, but for now - it's what I need to do.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Twenty-five hours a week is a lot unless you're retired or on vacation. I hope that you can sustain that part of it.
    • fidelKE
      fidelKE
      Bronze
      Hi,

are there any free videos about 2-7 Triple Draw?

Thanks and good luck!
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      @belayd - yeah, it's not gonna be easy, but I have a job, which I can do from home (not internet poker unfortunately :( ) but to fullfill that dream I got to put in hours. That's just the way it works. And I'm capable of doing it :)

@fidelKE - well, free videos... there is some random stuff in youtube but thats just some pros that basically say: "27TD is a game where you have to get best low card combination without straights and flushes."
      There is some very, very good videos on Deuces Cracked though. Obviously membership costs quite a lot for micro limit player, but if I'm right there is a week long trial for free.

Past few days I haven't been playing a lot, but was just very busy IRL. Summer, here I come. GL everyone! ;)
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      Hey guys!
      Haven't updated for quite a while. I built my roll back for 0.5/1 games, but now I don't play only 27 Triple Draw, I have added Mixed Games to my game arsenal, mostly 8-game. Still lots to learn though.

Starting from August, I will update frequently with my path to crush limits very fast.
      Cheers!
    • clsrtotilt
      clsrtotilt
      Bronze
      Well everything is going quite good, I'm up like 3bb/100.

But the reason I post here - from now on every month I will donate 10% of my winnings to charity. Mostly - for disabled children. Although the money wont be huge, I want to help - every penny counts. Hope that there will be more people who could join me :) but you should donate some money only if you know why are you doing it. I really can't explain my thoughts well, but you know, I hope everyone understands what i tried to say.

Till the next time. Bye! ;)
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by clsrtotilt

[ ] learn badugi

Our first Badugi article might help you here.

Really nice gesture to give 10% to charity as well, I think. How did you decide which charity to give to?