hello everyone

• plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      hello everyone, i am plebpl (ryan) i live on the south coast of england. ive been playing poker for about 8 months, i usually grind away at the low stakes cash games FR. well i got my bankroll from $30 up too $200....... then lost it all. ide like to blame it on my cat jumping on my keyboard or my toast burning but at the end of the day it was because i had no BRM. but to be honest im happy i lost it all, i now understand how important it is to control your bankroll.

im looking to start grinding sng's as i prefer them and i feel i am better at them. the videos on here have already helped me alot, im looking forward to progressing on the levels to see mroe of them :)

its a great comunity you guys have got here and im happy to be a part of it.

ryan
  • 12 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey Ryan, welcome to our community! We can't help you with your unruly cat or burnt toast, but we certainly can help you with bankroll building ;)

Where are you playing at? Did you pass the quiz yet?

Hadi
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      hello, yes i have passed the quiz and i am currently waiting on my money so i can start to rebuild my bankroll. my prefered site is poker stars but i am going to play on party poker with the starting capital. probably play the 1 dollor sng's untill i have 100bi's in the next step up.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi ryan,

welcome sir! yes brm is indeed super important. it's saved me countless of times when my monkey jumps on my keyboard :D (i mean my tiltmonkey). congrats on passing the quiz! sounds like a good plan to start grinding at the beginning. hope you will succeed this time around!

smiles,
      Wendy
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      those pets are a real nightmare, keep hitting the shove button ;) thinkign that 100bi's before moveing up is too much? what do you think

ryan
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Ryan! I meet you everywhere I look!!???!? =)

Welcome to our community!

Ingrid
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      i tend to get very involved in forums lol, im a moderator on a motorbike forum and used to be a moderator on a programming forum. that got shut down though :( never been on a forum of this scale though. i find it refreshing that the moderators are still very much a key part of the comunity and dont just go around deleting threads and moaning like on alot of other big forums :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by plebpl
      i tend to get very involved in forums lol, im a moderator on a motorbike forum and used to be a moderator on a programming forum. that got shut down though :( never been on a forum of this scale though. i find it refreshing that the moderators are still very much a key part of the comunity and dont just go around deleting threads and moaning like on alot of other big forums :)
      Yeah, we have a special bond with our members. At least I think so... :]
      Good to have you Ryan and hope to see you becoming an active member here as well.
    • joangonzeil
      joangonzeil
      Bronze
      great!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by plebpl
      those pets are a real nightmare, keep hitting the shove button ;) thinkign that 100bi's before moveing up is too much? what do you think

ryan
      hah yea those pets :O its not the first time ive had a problem with that monkey :D its getting better though just reading articles to improve my mindset.
      well, i play cash so probably there are better people to ask about sng brm. and of course single table brm is lot different from mtt's. personally i like to use a bit of aggro brm at the micros and become nittier as i move up the stakes.

nice to hear u like to be active on forums. who knows, you might want to be moderator around here someday :P

cheers,
      Wendy
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      is that an offer? haha, well i just checked out party poker and the sng structure is awful lol. so im sticking with cash games, there easy compaired to pokerstars. check the sucess thread for my first 170 hands, it isnt a big profit but it is a profit :)
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Check out the Your Poker Blogs forum. Any member can start a blog there at any time. Just come up with a theme for yours.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by belayd
      Check out the Your Poker Blogs forum. Any member can start a blog there at any time. Just come up with a theme for yours.
      +1