This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Getting set value

• dubadal
      dubadal
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($3.49)
      Hero (BB) ($16.62)
      UTG ($6.03)
      UTG+1 ($8.37)
      MP1 ($9.99)
      MP2 ($4.80)
      MP3 ($10.29)
      CO ($10.05)
      Button ($25.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8
      4 folds, MP3 bets $0.30, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 5, 8, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.45) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP3 calls $0.70

River: ($2.85) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks

Total pot: $2.85 | Rake: $0.19

No reads on villain. I checked river, with hope of villain having an ace and deciding to value bet. Not a wise choice. I put villain on AJ+ and TT+. Do bash me!

P.S. It sorta dawned on me that if villain indeed had TT+, then even pot-raising flop woulda been ok :f_mad:
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He is not always going to bet his ace on the river, so I think if you took that line then best is just to bet out river yourself
      Also you can´t c/r, since 78 got there and you can´t expect player to b/c always with Ax hand, so he should have there two pair to call your c/r.
      I´d personally c/r flop, bet turn and shove river to make sure all the money would go the pot till river
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dubadal,

Flop: One of the worst line you could pick is Check/Call the flop. Basically just Check/Raise it if anything at all, even donking is better.

As played
      Turn: If you want to bet it here then do it as well properly and about $1 at least.
      River: Bet for value yourself as well. He will basically just Check behind his weak pairs here which he may still Call vs our bet.

Best regards.