Stacks:
      UTG ($10.01)
      CO ($14.60)
      BTN ($6.76)
      SB ($10.18)
      Hero (BB) ($12.11)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB 6:spade: Q:club:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: Q:heart: K:spade: J:club: ($0.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

Turn: 8:spade: ($0.73, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

River: 2:club: ($2.13, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.03, Hero calls $2.03

What is he trying to represent in these spots usualy?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      two pair or straight
      I would usually just c/f flop, since Q6 is not strong enough hand to call him down
      You´re against too many times very strong range
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wlcKeD,

Doesn't make sense to Check/Call it on flop and as well to continue. If you want to do anything at all then rather donk the flop and try to find out where you stand. Your line is pretty horrible for a freeplay. And can be even said that you have a big leak playing in freeplays.

Best regards.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Your line is pretty horrible for a freeplay. And can be even said that you have a big leak playing in freeplays.
      Best regards.
      In general, I never play freeplay hands like this, and this time it was just because of the reasons I forgot to mention (my bad of course, cause somehow I thought I wrote everything ...): that we've been clashing quite a few hands before, me wining, and him loosing every time, and he was sort of loose aggresive guy, so I thought that he'd really raise any Kx or better Q pref (as he did before), and as I've seen it - I put him on any sort of crappy/drawy hand, or low pp's, which with that kind of pot bets he was just desperatly trying to make me lay my hand down and let him win finally, showing me his bluff ... Or was it too much of assumptions to make and play a hand like this, even though I believed that I'm ahead there?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by wlcKeD
      Your line is pretty horrible for a freeplay. And can be even said that you have a big leak playing in freeplays.
      Best regards.
      In general, I never play freeplay hands like this, and this time it was just because of the reasons I forgot to mention (my bad of course, cause somehow I thought I wrote everything ...): that we've been clashing quite a few hands before, me wining, and him loosing every time, and he was sort of loose aggresive guy, so I thought that he'd really raise any Kx or better Q pref (as he did before), and as I've seen it - I put him on any sort of crappy/drawy hand, or low pp's, which with that kind of pot bets he was just desperatly trying to make me lay my hand down and let him win finally, showing me his bluff ... Or was it too much of assumptions to make and play a hand like this, even though I believed that I'm ahead there?
      With such reads might be easier to make the Call, although still in freeplay pot I wouldn't really try that. Why the heck do you want to invest more money with just mid-pair while you haven't really paid anything. Wait for better spot. :)
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Why the heck do you want to invest more money with just mid-pair while you haven't really paid anything. Wait for better spot. :)
      Well, I guess, all in all, you're right again ... ;) Just sometimes it is hard to wait for a better spot, cause you dont want your fishy opponent to change his mind and leawe the table while you're waiting for big cards ... But yeah, of course you're right, thx for reminding me that ;)