[NL2-NL10] C/F or all-in

• Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Had this hand playing NL 25 SSS my stack was $4.65

Just wondering if this is a check/fold or push. Wasn't sure against 2 opponents but the pot on the flop was $4.10 and I had $3.40 left so I pushed. Haven't faced this hand for a while so made a post

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 8 8
      UTG calls, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 5 6 J ($4.1, 3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero is all-in $3.4, Button calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 8 ($10.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.9)

River: 4 ($10.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.9)

Results:
      Final pot: $10.9
  • 4 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Edit: my first post wass wrong, it's an all in if ur stack is less than 1.5x the pot so yes definitely all in. :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Edit: my first post wass wrong, it's an all in if ur stack is less than 1.5x the pot so yes definitely all in. :D
      in HU, but he is up gainst 2 opponents. quite doubtfull, I think I prefer check/fold here. Although, I guess I could push it if I were last to act.

according to the basic strategy, you push no matter what when your stack is twice smaller then the pot.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Oh, my first post before I edited said definitely check fold cause the button hasnt acted and 8s arent a made hand vs 2 ppl etc, I thought it was if the pot x1.5 is bigger than ur stack u go all in? Or is that if u have to raise you go all in?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      you have to push when you have only one opponent, because you need to cbet in this case. Against 2 opponents you don`t have to cbet, your chances to win is obviously smaller and you FE is aslo decreased. Unless you are last to act and/or have reads.