This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] C/F or all-in

• Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Had this hand playing NL 25 SSS my stack was $4.65

Just wondering if this is a check/fold or push. Wasn't sure against 2 opponents but the pot on the flop was $4.10 and I had $3.40 left so I pushed. Haven't faced this hand for a while so made a post

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 8 8
      UTG calls, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 5 6 J ($4.1, 3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero is all-in $3.4, Button calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 8 ($10.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.9)

River: 4 ($10.9, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.9)

Results:
      Final pot: $10.9
  • 4 replies
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Edit: my first post wass wrong, it's an all in if ur stack is less than 1.5x the pot so yes definitely all in. :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Edit: my first post wass wrong, it's an all in if ur stack is less than 1.5x the pot so yes definitely all in. :D
      in HU, but he is up gainst 2 opponents. quite doubtfull, I think I prefer check/fold here. Although, I guess I could push it if I were last to act.

according to the basic strategy, you push no matter what when your stack is twice smaller then the pot.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Oh, my first post before I edited said definitely check fold cause the button hasnt acted and 8s arent a made hand vs 2 ppl etc, I thought it was if the pot x1.5 is bigger than ur stack u go all in? Or is that if u have to raise you go all in?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      you have to push when you have only one opponent, because you need to cbet in this case. Against 2 opponents you don`t have to cbet, your chances to win is obviously smaller and you FE is aslo decreased. Unless you are last to act and/or have reads.