This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 5nl top pair should I slow down?

• akaRilu
      akaRilu
      Bronze
      Villain is 19/11/6. 132 hands

Is it okay to keep firing this way against a TAG? Or should I have checked ott?

iPoker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - iPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($5.26)
      BB ($11.45)
      UTG ($9.24)
      MP ($4.61)
      Button ($5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q
      1 fold, MP bets $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.36) 10, 9, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, 1 fold, MP raises to $0.72, Hero calls $0.48

Turn: ($1.80) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, MP calls $0.90

River: ($3.60) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.72, MP calls $1.72

Total pot: $7.04
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello akaRilu,

Actually not really after the raise.

Flop: Basically I would even prefer just Check/Calling the flop if not even Check/Folding. But while he may easily even raise here with draws while he seems to be somewhat aggressive then i don't mind continue.
      Turn: Although here I would after the Raise on flop rather Check/Call and if I even want to continue with bets then I'd rather keep it like $1,40 and not give him great odds if he is even drawing.

As played if turn was bet
      River: Guess it's pretty thin value after he did raise us on flop and even the turn completed. Therefore at some spots I might even Check/Fold it here if I don't expect him to bet anyways with worse. Or other option would be like betting $1,20 and folding to the raise.

Best regards.