Life after Black Friday?

• MasterMuppet
      MasterMuppet
      Bronze
      Will there be a life after Black Friday? Some believe yes, some say RESTRICTIONS!!! Even the big man; the one and only, Mr. Brunson, has pulled plug on his online room it seems.
      There’s no safe haven in the States or the Caribbean anymore, but where will they go. Will we find pro-players roaming the streets like tramps searching for shelter.
      It seems many players have already started speculating in giving up their home field advantage and are contemplating a move overseas to Europe. For most the obvious destination would be the Mediterranean mini Vegas Malta.
      A small, but definitely growing nation on the poker front at least. Larger tournaments have started finding their way to the island, with a huge variety of different size Italian Tournaments, but it is also rumored that WPT or EPT might find their way in addition to that.
      It’s a small ambitious island, with plenty of value to go around, nonetheless also for the online grinders with a very low income tax etc.
      This link will give you a few hints and pointers on transition to Malta:
      http://www.lovemymalta.com
      This link will feed you with running updates on the local poker scene:
      http://www.maltapokerevents.com
      Welcome to the Rock. It’s awesome
  • 11 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Do you by any chance work for the maltese tourist board?
    • MasterMuppet
      MasterMuppet
      Bronze
      Could look like it, i know, but I'm Danish just living in Malta.

Have a talk to an american pro last night, and it does actually seem that a lot are coming this way:-) And well, I'm just looking for action:-)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasterMuppet
      Could look like it, i know, but I'm Danish just living in Malta.

Have a talk to an american pro last night, and it does actually seem that a lot are coming this way:-) And well, I'm just looking for action:-)

Yeah.. who wouldn't want to play against only solid winning players who have made so much from poker that they moved to another country to keep playing :f_confused:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      And how would you rate the chicks in Malta? Are they hotter than in the rest of the world?
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      And how would you rate the chicks in Malta? Are they hotter than in the rest of the world?
      They are prolly better than jerking off. What else do you need?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      PICS ffs!
    • MasterMuppet
      MasterMuppet
      Bronze
      Haha, i'm almost willing on a side bet on any pro coming to Malta will be in for a surprise...this is the most interesting play i've ever seen live+ top that of with loads of italians...and then show a pro that wouldn't tilt at some point:-)

On your question though- Pros would attract more players. More players would also mean more fish. And who doesn't like a rich flavored fish?
    • MasterMuppet
      MasterMuppet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      PICS ffs!
      Yeah...there's about 15000 Scandis living here, where many could go for being blond and beautiful. During the summer that number doubles and then you'll find the occasional hot eastern european and italian girls. Whereas the local Maltese girls can be a mix between extreme hotness and slutty...
    • Washdogg
      Washdogg
      Bronze
      Orrrrrrrrr they could move to Canada, which is closer and has no income tax on winnings.... choices....
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Yeah...there's about 15000 Scandis living here, where many could go for being blond and beautiful. During the summer that number doubles and then you'll find the occasional hot eastern european and italian girls. Whereas the local Maltese girls can be a mix between extreme hotness and slutty...
      OK im gonna visit, you did a good job.
    • MasterMuppet
      MasterMuppet
      Bronze
      OK im gonna visit, you did a good job.
      Haha...i'm pretty sure you'll enjoy:-)