[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH 99 BU

• alexgrapid
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB folds, BB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.55.

Flop: ($1.65) Q, K, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95.

Turn: ($3.55) A (2 players)
      BB bets $1.90, Hero raises to $5.25, BB calls $3.35.

River: ($14.05) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $14.05.

Results follow:

BB shows two pairs, aces and queens(Ac Qc).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(9d 9h).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(9d 9h).

villain is 38/25/3 bet factor 15/3 bets from BB 40%/WTS 41(this I saw after the hand )/AF 4.3/70 hands .Here was my plan , pre I called because he was 3 betting loose from BB against me , on flop I called with the thought to raise him if a third heart or a straight card comes on board on turn,on turn I knew he has some kind of 2 pair AQ AK QK ,and I tried to chase him away but he called , on river I don't really know why I didn't shoved .
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello alexgrapid,

Preflop: Against that kind of 3bet I'd basically just 4bet and even consider getting it in. If he really has been that aggressive for last hands. With Calling is the problem that we will never know where we stand on flop and very often we will see overcard on board. But of course calling is an option as well.

As played
      Postflop: As you see that's exactly the case that it can happen that there are so many overcards. And basically while this is a 3bet pot I don't like the plan of Calling the flop and then shipping the turn or raising when a flush completes. Basically for that reason that I don't expect that kind of guy drop his TP or even FD anyways there if he has any on turn.

Actually as played I would basically just give it up on such a draw-heavy board and so many overcards on flop.

Best regards.