This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

not sure i played this hand right

• plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      would anyone have played this diffrent? had not much info on the villin apart from raising quite abit.

Known players: (?)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      29 - 0 29
      SB: $2.22
      5.0 0 33 07
      67 - 0 0
      MP3: $1.06
      0.0 - 0 03
      57 - - 0
      CO: $1.91
      - - 0 07

Hero: $1.92

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.101 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K (Comment)
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.12, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.30) J, 3, 2 (2 players) (Comment)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.78) K (2 players) (Comment)
      SB bets $0.6, Hero raises to $1.56 (All-In), SB calls $0.96.

River: ($3.90) A (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $3.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and kings (Ad Kd)
      SB shows (Qd Qc)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and kings (Ad Kd)
  • 6 replies
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      You shouldnt min raise pf with 2 callers and two people behind
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      Would you suggest a bigger raise or a flat call?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Preflop definately raise bigger. I'd go for $0.12 (4bb+1bb for each limper)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Full ring I raise preflop to 4bb plus 1bb for each limper with premium starting hand, especially in position; so my preflop raise is at least to 12c, I may even make it 14c if the limpers are persistent and limp/call a lot.
      Now if sb reraises me preflop from out of position, I could use some reads/notes to decide whether to continue or not. If villain is unknown I likely flat call and see the flop.
      As played, I can't see what you're trying to achieve on that flop after villain bets out about 3/4 pot. What's his usual cbet size/ percent? Will he cbet his whole range, air, or only made hands? Do you know? If not your call is a gamble.
      Say villain always cbets with top pair, sounds reasonable yes? So after reraising preflop what kicker do you think he might have?
      So you call the flop and hit a K or even A on turn, personally I would not be too happy remembering the action preflop and on flop.
      See where this is going?
      At this level, I call preflop and play fit or fold. I'm not folding if I hit and I can put him on a hand range.

MY thought is that I would raise bigger preflop and if sb reraises I probably fold. What range would he 3bet me with out of position that I my hand does well against? Not a wide one that's for sure! :)

Anyway, I waffled a bit but hope you get the drift. I've been eating this level for ages and this stuff works for me. GL and have fun.
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      very nice response, i know where your coming from. now i look back on it i should of been far more scared of the raise than i was. a bit more info on the villain for you. 2 previous hands he raised big on the turn and turned out to have air, turns out this time he had something. i guess 2 bluffs was too small of a sample to base a decission on
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by plebpl
      would anyone have played this diffrent? had not much info on the villin apart from raising quite abit.

Known players: (?)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      29 - 0 29
      SB: $2.22
      5.0 0 33 07
      67 - 0 0
      MP3: $1.06
      0.0 - 0 03
      57 - - 0
      CO: $1.91
      - - 0 07

Hero: $1.92

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.101 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K (Comment)
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.12, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.30) J, 3, 2 (2 players) (Comment)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.78) K (2 players) (Comment)
      SB bets $0.6, Hero raises to $1.56 (All-In), SB calls $0.96.

River: ($3.90) A (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $3.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and kings (Ad Kd)
      SB shows (Qd Qc)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and kings (Ad Kd)

Havent read any replies.

Make your opening preflop raise bigger. As played 4 bet to ~0.32.

Nice float on flop.

Standard for turn and river.