Which pokerroom would you recommend for 50$ starting capital

• visionvictory
      visionvictory
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I am wondering which poker room I should choose after passing the test for my 50$ starting capital. I still don't have an online poker account so I can choose any of the currently available.

I was thinking perhaps PartyPoker, but then the first time deposit bonus is only 100$ instead of 500$.

I know it's my decision, but I would appreciate your thoughts. So which site from the three available now (Full tilt, Party, and William Hill) would you recommend a newbie like myself?
  • 11 replies
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      pokerstars if you don't play there already.

all the sites will have soft games at micro stakes, so rake, player pool size, and software usability are the biggest factors imo.

Ive never played on full tilt. william hill & party poker are similar imo... BUT i like william hill's software a little better and you get better pokerstrat points throuhg them.

if you want to play with full tilt, wait and get a good rakeback deal from somewhere. if you want to grind out points for use on pokerstrategy i think william hill is your best option.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      if you're wondering about rake...
    • iPerform
      iPerform
      Bronze
      Quick, Run before it's too late!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by visionvictory
      Hi there,

I am wondering which poker room I should choose after passing the test for my 50$ starting capital. I still don't have an online poker account so I can choose any of the currently available.

I was thinking perhaps PartyPoker, but then the first time deposit bonus is only 100$ instead of 500$.

I know it's my decision, but I would appreciate your thoughts. So which site from the three available now (Full tilt, Party, and William Hill) would you recommend a newbie like myself?
      Hi there visionvictory,

Welcome to our community!

You mentioned that you are a newbie, which means that you are new to poker as well? Have you decided what game are you going to play? I can see that you are still studying for the quiz?

We can recommend you poker rooms as soon as we know a little more about you and your knowledge of poker.

Please also note that PartyPoker offers - 100% up to $500 Bonus.

Looking forward to hear from you and don't be shy to ask, the more you do the better we can help you.
      Ingrid
    • visionvictory
      visionvictory
      Bronze
      Originally posted by datsmahname
      pokerstars if you don't play there already.

all the sites will have soft games at micro stakes, so rake, player pool size, and software usability are the biggest factors imo.

Ive never played on full tilt. william hill & party poker are similar imo... BUT i like william hill's software a little better and you get better pokerstrat points throuhg them.

if you want to play with full tilt, wait and get a good rakeback deal from somewhere. if you want to grind out points for use on pokerstrategy i think william hill is your best option.
      Some helpful info in there for me so thanks very much datsmahname. So many offers are bewildering for someone who has never played before like myself.

PD Excellent link about rake, so thanks again.
    • visionvictory
      visionvictory
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi there,

Hi there visionvictory,

Welcome to our community!

You mentioned that you are a newbie, which means that you are new to poker as well? Have you decided what game are you going to play? I can see that you are still studying for the quiz?

We can recommend you poker rooms as soon as we know a little more about you and your knowledge of poker.

Please also note that PartyPoker offers - 100% up to $500 Bonus.

Looking forward to hear from you and don't be shy to ask, the more you do the better we can help you.
      Ingrid
      Thanks Ingrid for your reply. I'm afraid that offer at PartyPoker gets downgraded to $100 bonus if you take the $50 starting capital, if I understand it correctly. Still, it is hard for me to evaluate how long it is going to take me to work through a bonus, so perhaps a small bonus is better after all.

My plan is to play Fixed Limit Holdem at the microlimits for some time until I get the hang of it. I have never played any money games online, except some freeroll tournaments at a site financed with ads (which i will not mention here), but the prize pools were really small (a few dollars). Still it was good practice, but now I would like to try the real thing.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I am now going to take the quiz. Wish me luck! :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Congrats visionvictory, I can see that you've passed the quiz =)

once the ID check is done, you'll be on your way crushing the tables. Don't forget to keep us updated =)

Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey VisionVictory,

I hope that your name is truthful. In poker, if you have a good vision there's a higher chance of victory.

EDIT: Ah I see you're going to play fixed limit? If you are a new player to poker I would probably suggest playing NL. Simply because most of the learning material that you will find is about NL,also if you find a poker buddy then there is a good chance he/she will play NL too.

OFC if you have history in fixed limit then concentrating on that is cool and I wish you the best of luck.

Keep us updated on what games you're playing (buy in wise) and post some hands either in here or over in the hand evaluation forum and I'm sure we'll quickly turn you into a :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      My plan is to play Fixed Limit Holdem at the microlimits for some time until I get the hang of it. I have never played any money games online, except some freeroll tournaments at a site financed with ads (which i will not mention here), but the prize pools were really small (a few dollars). Still it was good practice, but now I would like to try the real thing.)
      I think he did or?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by IngridN
      I think he did or?
      Fixed and edited, tyvm :)
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      I would recommend to stay away from bigger poker rooms if you are beginner. At least the big three (Party, Stars and FullTilt) for sure. You will open accounts without knowing what to do, where to get rakebacks, etc. You will encounter tougher competition as well. And later, when you will know it will already be too late - no bonuses, wrong affiliates.

If you have already decided that you want to play only in one room and never change it, then it is OK, but if you plan to farm bonuses, look around, then definitely start with smaller rooms.

I started with Everest Poker and I am very happy with my decision. Clean, simple graphics, loads of fish, decent action for micro stakes...

Just my two cents...