@#$%^&*

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Can anyone make any intelligent comments on this hand?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $60(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2,026)
      BB ($1,680)
      UTG ($1,320)
      UTG+1 ($2,789)
      UTG+2 ($1,320)
      CO ($3,400)
      BTN ($965)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $120, fold, Hero raises to $360, fold, CO calls $240

FLOP ($780) T:spade: 8:club: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $546, CO calls $546

TURN ($1,872) T:spade: 8:club: 2:diamond: 5:club:

Hero bets $1,120 (AI), CO calls $1,120

RIVER ($4,112) T:spade: 8:club: 2:diamond: 5:club: 4:spade:

Hero shows T:diamond: A:diamond:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 81.6%, Turn 88.6%)

CO shows 4:diamond: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 18.4%, Turn 11.4%)

CO wins $4,112
  • 32 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      yes: i hope this gets locked, XXXX Edited by IngridN : I just really don't think we need to have an attitude here towards each other. Thanks Kruppe for keeping it friendly and giving constructive feedback in the future.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Belayd,

OFC very unlucky on the hand, you got your money in good :)

I assume you 3bet pre because the guy was a huge drooler? Flatting pre and stacking off when you hit a pair as you would dominate most of his 1 pair hands may be a good strategy, or getting it in when you flop a flush draw as he obviously has a very wide range may be a good idea too.

In general I think the cbet size is a little big, most people adovcate cbetting 1/2 pot but I think you can get away with betting closer to 1/3 pot because of stack sizes/dry board.

I can't start to justify villains play except I hope he is in your next and for that matter every game you play again :)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      lol
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      He won the hand, I think he played it perfect. I hate the people who reraise with AT and think they play well.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      I am moving to NL2000 I gues.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      it's NL6k

and it's the least spectacular bad beat ever, posted in the wrong section of the forums.

but apparently that's fine
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Come on guys eh?

He obviously had reasons for posting this hand. Its alot better to get it off your chest rather than tilting off buy ins. However I do believe we now have our official bad beat thread so maybe posting in there would be better?

As far as the hand he got a guy to call pre with 84, 3betting a10s isprobably not bad.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      The average NL6000 player tends to be passive and call-happy. Often a bottom pair is all they need to get their stack in the middle. Thus this hand is fairly standard.

Can be pretty aggravating tho. I'm glad I've made it to the the nosebleeds, never going back to this dumphole.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      FWIW - It is a tournament hand.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Pleno: thanks for your input. Yes, this guy was a megadonkey, and he donked me out. If I shouldn't have posted the hand here, I apologize.

Kruppe: It's actually a $1 STT on Full Tilt. I wasn't posting the hand for analysis, just for comment, so I figured this subforum would be better than the hand analysis subforum. And I'll ask you not to call me an idiot.

Yoghi: Does your statement stand even for a $1 STT?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Belayd,

Promise me something? Never ever be put off posting a hand because of the way some others reply. When you psot a hand that you're not sure you played correctly then you will almost definitely improve, if you don't improve then someone else on the forum will improve.

Posting hands/talking about poker is absolutely crucial for development and I love the fact you want to improve and move up in poker.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      oh, i thought you were playing NL6k

also, yeah, i guess if you didn't want analysis, then you should just post your valuable random bad beat in its own thread in the main poker discussion forum.
      maybe everyone should do that, then maybe this would be the bestest forum ever
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      oh, i thought you were playing NL6k

also, yeah, i guess if you didn't want analysis, then you should just post your valuable random bad beat in its own thread in the main poker discussion forum.
      maybe everyone should do that, then maybe this would be the bestest forum ever
      But its the "bestest" forum already Kruppe :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: . I like alot of your posts so lets not troll too much and be nice?

I've spoken to Belayd and he knows that posting these hands either belong in either the bad beat thread or in the hand analysis section. I don't want to merge this with the bad beat thread now because there is abit of bickering and would like to leave it out of there. Maybe its best if we just lock this thread I'm pretty sure anyuthing else that is going to be posted will not benefit Belayd and there really is no need to argue about this right?

We should also maybe make a whinge thread, the whingers in the whinge thread could whinge about the guys posting bad beats in the bad beat thread :D
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Well except for the 3bet pre its played fine i'd say. You just got unlucky thats all.

I wouldnt 3bet because you're out of position and you're pretty much turning a good hand into a bluff - who the fuck calls a 3bet with A9?

And fold river next time, you're beat here. (i had to say it)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      if you think total freedom to post whatever random, boring, inane threads people want to produces the best forum, that's fine. but then why are there moderators?
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Loving.
      This.
      Thread.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Well except for the 3bet pre its played fine i'd say. You just got unlucky thats all.

I wouldnt 3bet because you're out of position and you're pretty much turning a good hand into a bluff - who the fuck calls a 3bet with A9?

If he's calling with 84 he's probably calling with every worse ace and alot of dominated 10's.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      if you think total freedom to post whatever random, boring, inane threads people want to produces the best forum, that's fine. but then why are there moderators?
      OFC not, people can't post whatever they want, as I stated we spoke to Belayd about this and I have suggested that the thread is locked, I'm not sure what else you would like us to do?

If you don't think moderators do a good enough job/are needed then please send a message to IngridN I'm sure she would be happy to help. Personally do it free of charge and I like to do it to make sure the community moves in the right direction. We try to welcome new members to the community, answer questions people have, make sure all spam is deleted, make sure that your questions get answered by our site representatives, give updates on key industry news such as "Black Friday" anything else you think we could/should do please do say and I'm sure we will be extremely happy to hear your ideas.

Thanks
      Patrick
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Originally posted by Alficor1

If he's calling with 84 he's probably calling with every worse ace and alot of dominated 10's.
      OP didnt say whether or not he had any reads/stats on him, so i assumed he was unknown.