This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 T9s, complete small blind

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.24
      UTG2:
      $2.25
      MP1:
      $0.93

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , 9:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) J:diamond: , 6:spade: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0.08) 8:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 folds.

River: ($0.18) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Final Pot: $0.42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (5c 4s)
      Hero shows a straight, jack high (Th 9h)

Hero wins with a straight, jack high (Th 9h)

Preflop: is it ok just to complete here and get into a multiway pot with good implieds? I didn't want to raise preflop because I don't think I have much fold equity against their stats, and I don't want to end up in a raised multiway pot out of position with a marginal hand.
      Flop: I am check/folding obviously
      Turn: miraculously I now have OESD + FD. Is it ok to play this aggressively, or would it have been better just to check and hope to see another free card?
      River: I think my bet sizing was ok, but let me know if you have any better ideas.

Thanks..
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: Yeah, definitely. In specific spots I do sometimes even raise it up but while they are that loose and we are OOP then basically just completing is totally fine.
      Flop: Not much to add while we do have only backdoors, rather just check and hope to see a free card.
      Turn: Definitely fine to bet while they didn't even show any interest in the pot, I'd bet it as well.
      River: Could even bet it near pot here, although your bet size is fine. :) While they are that loose you can consider doing it even bigger, sometimes even overbetting if against very loose opponent.

Best regards.