[NL2-NL10] NL2 T9s, complete small blind

• member001
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:heart: , 9:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) J:diamond: , 6:spade: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0.08) 8:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 folds.

River: ($0.18) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Final Pot: $0.42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows (5c 4s)
      Hero shows a straight, jack high (Th 9h)

Hero wins with a straight, jack high (Th 9h)

Preflop: is it ok just to complete here and get into a multiway pot with good implieds? I didn't want to raise preflop because I don't think I have much fold equity against their stats, and I don't want to end up in a raised multiway pot out of position with a marginal hand.
      Flop: I am check/folding obviously
      Turn: miraculously I now have OESD + FD. Is it ok to play this aggressively, or would it have been better just to check and hope to see another free card?
      River: I think my bet sizing was ok, but let me know if you have any better ideas.

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello member001,

Preflop: Yeah, definitely. In specific spots I do sometimes even raise it up but while they are that loose and we are OOP then basically just completing is totally fine.
      Flop: Not much to add while we do have only backdoors, rather just check and hope to see a free card.
      Turn: Definitely fine to bet while they didn't even show any interest in the pot, I'd bet it as well.
      River: Could even bet it near pot here, although your bet size is fine. :) While they are that loose you can consider doing it even bigger, sometimes even overbetting if against very loose opponent.

Best regards.