Stack
      BB:
      $2.68
      Hero:
      $1.99
      UTG2:
      $1.01

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08, 6 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 9:spade: , 8:spade: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.14, BB folds, Hero calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.53) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, UTG2 raises to $0.79 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.03

Bit of a mess. I think I really need to work on my play in such situations.

Preflop: standard
      Flop: I chose not to cbet because in 3-way pot with such drawy board I doubt they'll all fold. But I'm happy to call UTG2's bet because I'm very often ahead of his "one pair plus draw" type of hands. (Question: should I have raised for protection? I always get confused in these situations where thinking about protection leads to "raise" but thinking about "what worse hand will call or better hand will fold?" leads to "don't raise, check/call for showdown value".)
      Turn: all the draws completed. I lead out for about half the pot because if he doesn't have a completed draw I might even bluff him that I have one, and if he raises I know I'm beaten and can fold. (This seems better than checking then having a tough decision if he bets 2/3 pot.) Is this is a sensible plan or am I just throwing money away and should check/fold instead?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Basically rather CBet the flop than Check/Call it. You ain't even protecting it while you need that. And as played no way I am donking the turn this way, a lot of draws completed and rather just Check/Fold it.

Best regards.