This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] blind battle

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.55)
      BB ($4.21)
      UTG ($5.20)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      UTG+2 ($3.50)
      MP1 ($11.11)
      MP2 ($11.39)
      CO ($10.54)
      BTN ($10.98)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.60) J:heart: 2:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45

TURN ($1.50) J:heart: 2:diamond: A:diamond: K:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $3.80 (AI), BB folds

Hero shows 7:heart: A:spade:

Hero wins $2.34

Hi, :D

Villain is unknown.
      I c/shove the Turn to try to rep the FD. I don't like it because it is high variance.
      Do you think raise Turn to $1.5 is good?
      How do you play this hand?

Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN!
      I think I'll bet again on the turn. It's highly unlikely that both blinds got an ace and the flushdraw is still there, I wouldn't like to give him the river card for free.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      Hey JHTAN!
      I think I'll bet again on the turn. It's highly unlikely that both blinds got an ace and the flushdraw is still there, I wouldn't like to give him the river card for free.
      Hi BadeaCelRau, :)
      Nowadays, people are just float happy. So, I want to check/raise on Turn to induce Villain to bet on Turn but unluckily he bets so small.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

Against unknown I have to agree with Badea and you should just barrel turn again for value from draws and weaker Axs. If you check/raise turn you represent a very strong hand and thereby kind of turn your A7 into a bluff because I'm not sure people will call you there with A3-A6.

If you have some kind of read villain is float happy then you can check/raise or even check/call turn, but I don't like it against unknown.

Best regards,
      burek2000