[NL2-NL10] NL10 88 OOP vs pfr

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      BU:
      $9,85
      Hero:
      $16,79

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:diamond: , 8:heart:
      UTG calls $0,10, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,10, BU raises to $0,60, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,55) 7:diamond: , T:heart: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1,55) 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Should I have bet here? I thought it likely that he had AJ or AK.

River: ($1,55) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,70, Hero folds.

Too bad the A came, but is there any point in calling him here since he makes a HPSB?

Final Pot: $2,25
  • 5 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd bet the turn.

As played I think I'd fold the river too, I don't see what hand he could have that wouldn't beat you.
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      I would raise preflop here to isolate two limpers.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I usually do that too, especially since I've played SH for some time. But I've decided to take a couple of steps back to try to improve with less risk, you could say "back to basics" :) . So I've been trying to tune down on my aggression a bit in the FR so I decided to limp along.
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      I think that "back to basics" is always good thing. If we want to be successful poker players it is crucial to review basic concept from time to time. This is even more important when we are not comfortable with our game or when we are spotting our leaks. Then we come up with basic strategy and then adding more advanced elements by degrees.

In my opinion you should stay aggressive playing FR, just be more selective about starting hands pre-flop.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I bet/fold the turn. You have the best hand in most cases.