[NL2-NL10] NL2 two pair

• daun666
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, A.
      CO raises to $0.08, BU folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 3, A, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.38) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

River: ($0.94) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.68, Hero calls $0.68.

Final Pot: $2.3.

How should I play?
      Hi is opening wide range. I thought about 3-bet, but decidet just call.
      After second bet I put him on AK, AQ, AJ, AT mby smaller ace but unlikely, but i have flush draw now. And on the river should I call when K arrives, I am calling for split, only losing to AK :f_confused:
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello daun666,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Preflop: Yep, it's pretty close. Although I guess 3betting as bluff should work better while being against unknown? But Calling is doable as well.

As played
      Postflop: Otherwise seems to be somewhat fine, if you really do consider him having that wide range of Ax and he is doing this way for value. You need like 30% equity there to make it profitable and against that kind of wide range as you described you are likely getting it. Even if we put a lot stronger hands into his range like:

Board: 3:club: A:diamond: 3:heart:  6:heart:  K:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    32.43%   0.00%  32.43% { Ah9h }
      UTG+1  67.57%  35.14%  32.43% { 66, ATs+, A3s, ATo+, A3o }

And as well we even get a note on him. Although one option would be as well to just basically fold while we haven't really invested much into the pot and our plan is mainly to Call it for split. Which I might even sometimes prefer more.

Best regards.