This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Counting Combos

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've been teaching myself ranges, with help of Equilab, and now I think I've got a good enough handle on it to move onto combos. Before I do, I've two questions I'd like to ask:

1) Is there a good explanation/guide as to how to go about learning them? I notice Equilab has them in the hand selection section, but is there a good explanation of how to calculate them "live"?

2) Do you calculate them whilst at the table, or is this only for post-session review? I imagine there are short cuts (much the same as the Silver article on Advanced Odds & Outs for calculating FDs & SDs), if so, could someone send me a link, or quick explanation to help?

Thanks in advance!
  • 4 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      6 combos for each pocket pair
      16 combos for each unpaired hand
      12 combos for each unpaired offsuited hand
      4 combos for each unpaired suited hand

That's all i can help with :D Maybe some others will give some quick formulas or smtg else :) I usually just use my combinatorics knowledge to get those numbers :)
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Cheers!

Are you able to use this at the table? Seems super complicated to me to use in real time.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Yes, i am :) I just remember the numbers after calculating them few times :)
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hi=)

Just make yourself a spreadsheet for each range where you calculate the % of every card and the % of suited connectors, suited cards & pp's in the range. E.g. make one for 5%, 10%, 20%, etc

That's very easy to learn and I guess its as complex as you need it to be =)