Counting Combos

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've been teaching myself ranges, with help of Equilab, and now I think I've got a good enough handle on it to move onto combos. Before I do, I've two questions I'd like to ask:

1) Is there a good explanation/guide as to how to go about learning them? I notice Equilab has them in the hand selection section, but is there a good explanation of how to calculate them "live"?

2) Do you calculate them whilst at the table, or is this only for post-session review? I imagine there are short cuts (much the same as the Silver article on Advanced Odds & Outs for calculating FDs & SDs), if so, could someone send me a link, or quick explanation to help?

Thanks in advance!
  • 4 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      6 combos for each pocket pair
      16 combos for each unpaired hand
      12 combos for each unpaired offsuited hand
      4 combos for each unpaired suited hand

That's all i can help with :D Maybe some others will give some quick formulas or smtg else :) I usually just use my combinatorics knowledge to get those numbers :)
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Cheers!

Are you able to use this at the table? Seems super complicated to me to use in real time.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Yes, i am :) I just remember the numbers after calculating them few times :)
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hi=)

Just make yourself a spreadsheet for each range where you calculate the % of every card and the % of suited connectors, suited cards & pp's in the range. E.g. make one for 5%, 10%, 20%, etc

That's very easy to learn and I guess its as complex as you need it to be =)