This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH NL50] 4bet pot FD

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($53.15)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($50)
      CO ($63.50)
      BTN ($18.50)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $11.50, BB calls $7

FLOP ($23) 7:diamond: 2:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero checks, BB bets $12, Hero raises to $24, BB folds

Hero shows 9:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero wins $45

Villain pretty taggy - 19/18/11% 3bet (20%@BB)

Standard 4bet bluff, but he just calls, weird ...
      Might be TT-JJ vs which I have 12 outs, so deffo going broke in a 4bet pot.

So I'm only really fucked vs AK/QQ+ that has a diamond (we block QQ diamond) - don't expect such a taggy player to play his monsterpairs in a tricky way ...

So most likely AK - there are 6 combos of AKo that has a diamond in it + 1 combo of AKdd ... and 9 combos of AK left that completely missed.

Deeffo close, but I think once I flop like that, I have to get it in no matter what he does ... vs TT-JJ = 12 outs ... AQ+ I'm flipping against, only fucked vs overcards that have a diamond.

Soooo, since my money is going in anyway, I want to give him a chance to make a bluff with overcards that don't have a diamond in it ... coz what else is he gonna do with those - near impossible to get to showdown and hope to be good/remain good if he checks back ?

If I cbet, I only get it in vs hands that I'm gonna get it in anyway ... and no diamond overcards will just fold ...

c/minr looked like the best way to go about it
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t think you can c/r to 24$ and then fold to shove, so I´d just c/rai flop
      You have enough equity if called and he can easily b/f that spot smt like 88 or maybe even find to fold better hands, like JTs